Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as the title says, I locked myself out of my car today. Not because I forgot to grab my keys, or because they slipped out of my pocket, but because I purposefully left them in the ignition. Why would I do this? Because my Santa Fe's 12v outlets do not function without the key in the ignition, and my cell phone badly needed a charge. So I cleverly (or so I thought) took the clicker off the keyring, locked the doors, and went inside my place of employ.

Now it's my lunch break, and I've just discovered that the keyless entry clicker doesn't work when there's already a key inside the vehicle. I suppose that's some sort of security feature, but I don't see what it secures me against other than someone unlocking my door while I'm driving. So my question is what wires do i need to cut, or what line of code do I need to change, to allow me to avoid this in the future and unlock my car with my keyless entry clicker, because isn't that what the **** thing is for? When you're keyless?

Come to think of it, an easier solution would be to keep the 12v outlet powered all the time. But i'd still like to be able to unlock my own vehicle if I leave my keys inside by accident next time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts