Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may help. Have a 2010 iload diesel auto with about 206000k that started to lose power over about 2 months to the point that a hill that i would normally travel up doing 100kph i could only get up doing 60kph. After much searching found with the help of a service centre, that the front of the catalytic converter was blocked with very fine rust like particles...no carbon. Cleaned it off with a wire wheel in a drill and blew it out. Fixed. Just to note despite all that is written about turbos blowing and injector seals leaking and egr valves carboning up, my van had none of this. Inlet manifold was completely clean, egr was working fine with a small carbon build up. Injector seals were fine. Injectors were tested and good.Turbo was replaced as a precaution but the old one had no wear just a little stiffness in the vane actuator. Did find the intercooler leaking,so replaced it. None of this made any difference to the lack of performance, it was the blocked catalytic converter that was the problem. Again hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts