Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very important question is there any way you could do a swap i have a 96 accent and i was wondering if you could do a swap with a Santa fe and are they all wheel drive if so could i use the all wheel drive system i not if it could be done but i was just wondering thank you B)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not sure if it's possible - but even if it was, the sheer cost of getting the parts and fitting it to a 96 accent would cost way more than the car - so it's not really worth it - interesting idea though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man but i am going to look into it more to is if there is any way that i could do that cause that would be bad ass if i could so i hope some one could help me out in finding a way to do that swap

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
You could buy a good 4x4 or an AWD car for far less than the cost of converting your Accent.

Just imagine two skilled techs. spending a week doing this (it would probably take longer).......that`s 80 hours at an overhead hourly rate of $60 (probably a lot more than that).........you`ve just spent a minimum of $4,800 without any parts or materials!!.

It`s a no-no in my book!.

Nick. :eek:

·
Registered
224 Posts
a guy on the UK Hyndai Accent Club website / forum (www.ukhac.co.uk) is currently having a 2 litre engine put in his X3 Accent and it's now been in work for about 8 months and still isn't complete.

I'd hate to think what that's costing him.

I agree with VALKYRIE YB70 - it's a big no-no that one (unless you have money to throw away). I agree it would be quite cool to have a 4x4 Accent - but it would cost sooo much that it's just not worth it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
:D Hey, greetings from Puerto Rico, why you don't do a swap with a 1.8 liter from de Coupe, or 2.0 from de Coupe, in Puerto Rico it is a Hyundai Tiburon, <_< here in Puerto Rico are someones with a 1.8 liter of Coupe and there running great and a few 2.0 Turbo running very well <_<

1 - 6 of 6 Posts