Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience (And data)

Old tires: (Stock)........................................New tires:

Kumho Solus 205/45-R16..............................Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (205/50-R16)
Odometer was out about 3% (slow)................Odometer is pretty much bang on now
GPS: 100km..............................................GPS: 100km
Od: 97km (~1km).......................................Od: 100km(~1km)
Engine: 3000rpm.........................................Engine: 2700rpm (decreased 300rpm at 100km/h ?!?!) <-- WOW!
Weight: 16.2lbs (3/32" life remaining).............Weight: 20.8lbs(brand new)
Tire & Rim: 35lbs........................................Tire & Rim: 40lbs

Blank stock aluminum rim: 18.8lbs

First impressions, I like the tires; I only have about 20km on them.
Has some good summer reviews, but nothing yet for winter...
Noise changes with the texture of the road, but overall I think they are quieter then stock ones.
Can't comment on fuel efficiency, but from what I understand, FE will decrease with any new tire.
The extra weight kinda sucks, it'll affect my accel and decel a little. The car seams to roll a little easier.
Once I get some miles on these tires, I'll report back with FE figures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
any TPMS issues with the new tire size? (aka lights on the dashboard coming on)

I also just went with a different size than stock, I have had the TPMS light come on the dash a couple times now in the past week. (the TPMS light, not the (!) tire pressure light) It goes off after a while, but was wondering if it might be related to the car thinking its going a certain speed, but the sensors are registering a different speed? (if they are even that "smart")

chances are maybe its just a battery in one of the sensors at the end of its life or something for me.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Any issues with the 205/50/16 tires? I want to get this size but my mechanic told me the "abs light might go off", I was like...."ummm ok?" I don't think we have an abs light but I'm hoping nothing else gets thrown off, I dont have TPMS

·
Super Moderator
3,825 Posts
Any issues with the 205/50/16 tires? I want to get this size but my mechanic told me the "abs light might go off", I was like...."ummm ok?" I don't think we have an abs light but I'm hoping nothing else gets thrown off, I dont have TPMS
You should have ABS as yours is the SE. There is a light for it, only lights when there is a failure or for a couple seconds at key on. Lower right corner of the cluster.

Not sure what your mechanic was talking about though. :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The ABS or in these cars, I believe it just illuminates "BRAKE", like the parking brake is on but without a "P". Pull the parking brake and compare when key is on position 2 !?!?!?

This light should not illuminate if all the tire sizes are the same.

The TPMS light/system should not be effected at all. One of the sensors may have partially broke during install(rare), but you have a tpms fault code more than likely.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, sorry, I never got a notice about the thread update (??)

I've had NO issues with the tires at all.
My accent doesn't have ABS so I can not comment on it sorry.
My fuel mileage is about the same, maybe a little less due to the weight of the tires.

But the car is quieter due to the slower wheel and engine RPM. :)
I have them set to 36psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts