Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that know me, you know I have been going back and forth between a new Sonata, a Tucson, and a Santa Fe. Well I wanted a sunroof and wasn't spending $27k for the Tucson, and the Santa Fe isn't that much different than my 08, so I decided on a Sonata Limited. I work at a hyundai dealer in detail. We have received about 80 Sonata's in the past 2 weeks and we received one black on black Limited which is what I wanted. Unfortuntely, it sold quickly so they had to find it for me. They wound up having to go to Maryland and I received the car with 165 miles.

I'm so happy I went for the Sonata. I love everything about it! I've had the car 5 hours and I already had 2 people ask me about it. I had to have black interior so as far as I was concerned, it narrowed my choice to Harbor Gray and Phantom Black. If Pacific Blue had black interior, I would have bought that. Everyone warned me not to get the black, but I'm so glad I did. It just looks so sharp.

It came with an Ipod cable, and mats. I also found a set of wheel locks in it. I plan to add the 3M paint protection, mudguards, cargo net, cargo mat, sunroof deflector, rain guards, and the chrome strip at the bottom of the door. Not sure what else yet.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Glad to be apart of the Sonata family again. I had an 07 GLS.

:beer:

·
Registered
817 Posts
I guess, :00000732: back would be the appropriate thing to say.

I assume you are going the DIY route on some of those additions.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be doing them all myself with the exception of the 3M stuff, I'll let a professional handle that.

I also forgot to include I'm getting a lip spoiler this week as well.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Just got back from going to show my uncle. Gas mileage had leveled off to 19.6 and is now up to 22.7 and I have 215 miles on it. After 49 miles, the bar just moved from full. I'm just amazed. I had Santa Fe's before that weren't great on gas and my 07 Sonata got 19 mpg and it was a 4 banger. My mom's Sonata get's about 16mpg and moves from full after 10 miles, that thing is a gas guzzler. I'm just very happy I decided to go for the Sonata.

I should have pics up this afternoon.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well it took a while but :00000732: !!!
You were in "waiting for the Tucson mode" when we chatted when I got my Sonata in June!
So glad you defected!! I hope you love your car as much as I do mine :thumbsup:
My Sister lives in Cleveland and she also got one last Tuesday. She was here over the summer and fell in love with mine. Whats not to Love??

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! It came down to me being ready to buy then sitting down and weighting pros and cons. A sunroof was a must and I had to get a Limtied to get the Tucson. I wouldn't have been able to get proximity key, or the awesome sound system which are 2 things I wanted. I was able to get close to $3,000 off of sticker. I'm just very happy I went for the Sonata. I'm waiting on my friend to email me the pics and then I'll post them. I'm going to order some accessories when I get to work today.

What color combo did your sister get?

·
Registered
197 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Sep 20 2010, 06:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357375
Thanks! It came down to me being ready to buy then sitting down and weighting pros and cons. A sunroof was a must and I had to get a Limtied to get the Tucson. I wouldn't have been able to get proximity key, or the awesome sound system which are 2 things I wanted. I was able to get close to $3,000 off of sticker. I'm just very happy I went for the Sonata. I'm waiting on my friend to email me the pics and then I'll post them. I'm going to order some accessories when I get to work today.

What color combo did your sister get?
Cant wait to see the pictures! My Sister also got Radiant Silver with Gray interior. She asked me if I cared if she got the same color - I said heck no - she lives 200 miles away - but we will freak out my neighbors when she comes to visit and they see the same car - one day it has Ohio plates, and the next day it doesnt!! LOL

·
Registered
623 Posts
Congratulations!

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (PattyNY811 @ Sep 20 2010, 06:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357376
Cant wait to see the pictures! My Sister also got Radiant Silver with Gray interior. She asked me if I cared if she got the same color - I said heck no - she lives 200 miles away - but we will freak out my neighbors when she comes to visit and they see the same car - one day it has Ohio plates, and the next day it doesnt!! LOL
One of the ladies in the accouting office bought a silver/gray Limited about a month and a half ago. I clean her car every 2 weeks at work and she only lets me touch it. As a matter of fact, her car is the reason I bought mine. I drove her car up from Hyundai to our detail dept( 2 miles away) and I love the way it rode. That sealed the deal for me buying a Limited. She loves her car and she came from an 03 Altima.

Ayces: Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Sep 20 2010, 04:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357484
One of the ladies in the accouting office bought a silver/gray Limited about a month and a half ago. I clean her car every 2 weeks at work and she only lets me touch it. As a matter of fact, her car is the reason I bought mine. I drove her car up from Hyundai to our detail dept( 2 miles away) and I love the way it rode. That sealed the deal for me buying a Limited. She loves her car and she came from an 03 Altima.

Ayces: Thanks!

Every two weeks? Wow now I feel like a slacker...LOL
I did shake out my floor mats the other day... :thumbsup:

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If there is a smudge on the window or a couple pieces of dirt on the carpet, according to her the car is a mess. Everyone makes fun of her for it in a joking way. She is a very nice lady though.

I'm working on those pics. Since I don't have a camera, I took them with my phone and am waiting for my friend to email them.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Congrats on your new car!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts