Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new proud owner of a 2011 Hyundai SE with navigation black on black! I originally wanted the limited due to the all leather, dual climate control but after going to the dealership with the wife she loved the look of the SE and really didn't mind the interior. Now the weird thing is I test drove a SE with no navigation and loved the price but since this was for my company car they had a requirement of how little I could spend. This SE was not enough money and of course the sales guys were all happy go lucky about that. They ended up finding a dealership that had a black on black with navigation and did a car swap to get my car. The only problem with a car swap is the front plate! It had already been drilled out and here in Kansas you do not need a front plate. So negotiations start and I believe I got a good deal. MSRP was $26,115 and I ended up paying $24,035 which came with 4 free oil changes, an ipod cable to boot. The car is sitting in my garage relaxing for now. It has an appointment Saturday to get the windows tinted (15%) and then I will be debadging and waxing it over the long weekend.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sounds beautiful. Congrats :thumbsup:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Niiiiice... a limit on how LITTLE you can spend? I'm jealous.

·
Banned
630 Posts
nice company car...so does that mean the car is theirs or yours? If you quit next week who keeps it? just curious

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is my car. I have the title in my name and they pay me a fixed amount per pay check and then I get paid business miles. I wish the amont was lower but they are wanting everyone to have a equal or great car.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$24,035 was sale price. OTD was around $25,800. It is still sitting in my garage. I give up my old company car on Tuesday so will start racking up the miles next week. Will post some pictures so everyone can see.

·
Registered
267 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ May 26 2010, 11:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326529
The only problem with a car swap is the front plate! It had already been drilled out and here in Kansas you do not need a front plate
Here's a copy of a response I made today on another topic. These black plastic plugs would work out well on your black Sonata.
"My used '05 Outback had the holes drilled in the front bumper but there is no front plate in PA. I didn't like the look of the holes so I went to a hardware store and found 2 small black plastic plugs that filled the holes perfectly and looked much neater. I painted them with touchup paint and from a few feet away you didn't even notice them.
I found them in the section where they sell all of the "nuts, bolts, washers". They were in those small slide-out cardboard boxes where they have all types of small items like fender washers, etc. I found a size that was just a hair larger then the holes and just lightly tapped them in with a hammer."

Don

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are going to plug them next with with color matched plugs. It wasn't a deal breaker just a let down. I did get the windows tinted 15% and debadged the back end. Tomorrow might be its first wash and wax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts