Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#2,3 and 4 were a breeze but #1 has a strange coil that is about 1.5" shorter than the rest and the plug has a rubber shroud and an extension that meets the short coil that I need to get off before I can take the plug out:surprise: This is some kind of aftermarket fix but for what? "Universal" aftermarket coil/adapters?

I cleaned up what I could get to on #1 and put it back together with 3 new plugs and way snappier performance. I used Bosch Iridium plugs torqued to spec and the old plugs were iridium as well FWIW

I have no pics as yet but any ideas what I have going on in #1?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Almost sounds like one had a helicoil on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon closer inspection in better light it seems this is a case of a coil pack with a broken nose. I bought a new coil this morning so #1 can get a new spark plug now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John Ricci;5931129 I used Bosch Iridium plugs torqued to spec and the old plugs were iridium as well FWIW[/QUOTE said:
The old plugs were not Iridium but NGK Platinums...my mistake!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Upon closer inspection in better light it seems this is a case of a coil pack with a broken nose. I bought a new coil this morning so #1 can get a new spark plug now!

Ah yes, I had that issue before and started causing a misfire eventually. Glad you were able to fix it. Thanks for updating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts