Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been looking for a new car that gets great mpg. I looked at the Honda accord really liked it, looked at the VW jet TDI liked it. Even looked at gm's and liked some models as well. I was all but ready to buy the Honda accord the next morning and I pulled through the dealers lot that sold fords well they share drive entrance with the. Hyundai dealer " Bad idea guys! " I looked over and seen this sweet midnight blue SE fully loaded Sonata This was the first time ever seeing the 2011 sonata. Well I now have 400 miles on it and if you are looking for a new car that truly runs with the big boys get to your local dealer don't just look at pictures the car is Sweet in person Great gas mileage don't dismiss it just because it is made by Hyundai ! I'm proud I bought the midnight blue SE the next morning! Go test drive one for your self

·
Registered
143 Posts
Paul a lot of new Hyundai owners have made similar discoveries once they have driven the 2011 Sonata! Congratulations on your SE :thumbsup: You'll find Lots of friendly, knowledgeable members here to help answer your questions about the awesome 2011 Sonata.

Now get to it and let us see some interior/exterior pics of your SE in the "Give me your best shots" thread. :grin:

Welcome aboard the forum and a hearty congratulations! Great choice!

·
1,914 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

The 11 Sonata is miles ahead of it's competition now and I can see why you were drawn to it.

Post some pics! :hyper:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have not purchased yet. I am still undecided. Like you, I never thought I would purchase a Hyundai. I test drove an SE and loved it. However, I did not love it enough to go through the hassles of trying to sell my STS, yet. I am also waiting for the Turbo to come out. I like the sound of almost 40% more horsepower and only 1 less MPG.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Same story here. Have been buying Hondas as my transportation cars for 2 decades, but its decline in quality 'forced' me to look elsewhere for my next car. Both my 2007 CR-V and 2008 Accord coupe 6MT consumed oil since day 1, and the CR-V was built in Japan. The CR-V has been excellent other than the oil consumption issue, but it's completely unacceptable to me that a new engine consumes oil when broken in properly, and driven sedately (by the wife) since new. Yes, it's only 1/8-qt every 1K miles, but still. My Accord V6 had about the same consumption rate, plus A TON of rattles.

Anyway, before the last wave of redesigned cars, Hyundai was only good on paper IMO, since the nice warranty wasn't enough to force many of us to pull the trigger. But now that it has first rate cars, it was a different story. For simple people like us who are after value and not a badge, the new Hyundais are VERY HARD to ignore now. If the Generis coupe had benn out when I bought my 2008 Accord coupe, I'd have bought it. Hope Hyundai doesn't let me down with quality problems, especially on this first year of the Sonata, but it deserved a chance, and am happy I gave it to them. Finally, people can't ignore now Hyundai has a much more extensive product line than Honda, which doesn't have a RWD car OR a V8 engine available. By the way, the Tucson is mighty impressive as well. Now it's time for Honda to stop resting on its laurels, make better cars, and build them better. And yes, all this friendly competition benefits us, the consumers :thumbsup: . Good day gang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts