Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I purchased a fully loaded 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited with HTRAC yesterday from Teton Hyundai in Idaho. It rides so nice. I traded in my 2004 Santa Fe 3.5 LX for it. I am in love. I like the Palisade more than my 15 Sonata turbo.
Congrats on the purchase, yellow tibby! I have been reading/watching Palisade reviews the last few days as I am in the market for a three-row SUV. The only consistent negative seems to be the wind noise at highway speeds. Have you noticed any excessive wind noise?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too picked up one last Saturday. White with the black interior. Most dealers around here are lucky to have one and they sell almost as soon as they come off the truck. They did discount $800 off along with a $500 competitive vehicle rebate. So that was $1300 off a $47925 msrp along with1.9 financing for 60 months. Pretty fantastic deal if you ask me. Rick

Rick was this through Hyundai Finance or your own bank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rick was this through Hyundai Finance or your own bank?
Hyundai Finance. At the time it was supposed to expire on July 8th so am not sure if it is still available. I have also read about the wind noise problem but I have not noticed it. Quite the opposite. What I did notice is how quiet the car is at highway speeds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We bought our Ultimate off the truck up here in Canada two weeks ago and did a road trip already, now have 1000 km on it. Our local dealer got 3, two were sold, and there third (brown) he was keeping as a demo car. Drove 65km and bought the hyper white we were after. Very nice car, very snappy motor, sharp looking, handles like a much smaller car. Interior is much different than out 2015 Santa Fe XL Limited. I like some of the stuff and dislike others, but not a deal breaker. USB ports everywhere so no one should be low on charge. In bright light it is hard to read the silver buttons above the console, so memorizing the placement for using without looking likely will be key here, or I can write on them with Sharpie (j/k). I am not sure what to do with the Weather Display that always shows "Data not available" or something like that. I hope that is not a subscription service, if not I will try to customize display to hide it.

Now I need to price out roof rails and such, most after market manufacturers do not have this model in their database yet, perhaps a universal one will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to the manual, there's a catch though: you must have the mirror selector switch (the one you use to select which mirror you're trying to adjust) set to L or R. If set to Neutral, the mirrors won't tilt when in reverse.
Thanks for this. I will have to try to set it to neutral because I always use my mirrors when backing up and parking. I never need to see the lines or ground around me but more importantly cars and objects around me. How do you guys use the mirrors when they are pointed at the ground? Combined with the 360 and backup cameras I just can't use it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have visited two Hyundai dealers in central Florida, and both are tacking on a $4k premium on the MSRP. Test drive was very pleasing, but neither dealer has been able to find interior and exterior colors we requested.

Has anyone else seen this MSRP premium in their area?
Please wait a few months and you will be able get $4K off MSRP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone experienced a problem with the BSM system? I bought my Palisade three days ago, and on the way home got a warning that the BSM wasn't working. Got home, and the next day it was off and working, then on the way home came back on again. Took it in the the Hyundai dealer and the mechanic said that one of the sensors had to get replaced. Just seeing if this happened to anyone else

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to the Forums (today)! Just figured out that they existed - will be a good resource going forward.
I picked up my white Limited with white interior on 6/30 - I love most everything about it. It replaced a GMC Acadia which was getting up in years.

The only quibble I have found so far is that I am used to hearing the horn sound once when locking with the remote. I only get a soft beep and light flash when locking. Anybody else have this issue?

I have looked at the owners manuals. The main manual suggests on page 3-4 and 3-125 that the horn will sound. There appears to be no menu to select this when looking in the Vehicle Settings/Door menu.

Understanding that some of these threads can get a little "old" after a few weeks, if I don't see any answer, I'll start a second thread.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The manual is wrong. A beep will sound, plus the flashing lights. It’s for the benefit of neighbors. You heard the beep and saw the lights flash, right? Horn honks are “yesterday.”

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Ernie - had to chuckle as I have no neighbors to disturb. That horn was most useful out in large parking lots where the beep will be this side of useless. I can live with it, just wish I had a choice.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks Ernie - had to chuckle as I have no neighbors to disturb. That horn was most useful out in large parking lots where the beep will be this side of useless. I can live with it, just wish I had a choice.
The horn will sound if you press the panic button on the key, so you can still find the car in parking lots.

As far as locking the car, just press the button on your door as you exit the car. You’ll have no problem hearing the beeps and seeing the flashing lights.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We have visited two Hyundai dealers in central Florida, and both are tacking on a $4k premium on the MSRP. Test drive was very pleasing, but neither dealer has been able to find interior and exterior colors we requested.

Has anyone else seen this MSRP premium in their area?
That premium will be gone by Tgiving, if not before. Time is your friend, if you have it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Congrats on the purchase, yellow tibby! I have been reading/watching Palisade reviews the last few days as I am in the market for a three-row SUV. The only consistent negative seems to be the wind noise at highway speeds. Have you noticed any excessive wind noise?
I did have some problems with excessive wind noise at first, but I noticed it only on very windy days while at highway speed. On calm days there is no wind noise. There have been times where I have to double check to make sure the windows are fully up due to the wind noise. Overall I love the Palisade. Almost three months into ownership without complaints.

·
Registered
12 Posts
See you came out of an Acadia. I had a Saturn Outloook the Palisade has replaced.

I have an SE and the horn beeped once when locking from the keyfob (as our former vehicles did), but it’s obnoxiously loud. I hoped there would be a setting for volume, but only found the setting to turn the audible alert off. The lights still flash.

Interesting that different models have this difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bought an SE in NC about 3 weeks ago.

3.9% financing with Hyundai.
Paid MSRP, plus $600 (dealer-wide) doc fee, a dealer add-on of $1500 for paint and interior protectant (prob cost them $30 and 20 minutes to apply).

They also had a dealer add-on of $500 on the sticker for a “service program” that specified rental car and shuttle service, but I was able to get out of that one.

I was in a position of immediate need, so I was at their mercy. While I didn’t like it, we keep vehicles forever (12+, 17+ years) so another $20/m wasn’t worth the wait.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts