Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People
Thanks to those responding to my earlier post so can I ask the following of the forum members. Problem one is the fuel consumption quoted as 44mpg urban and 56.5 mpg combined. We do mostly combined driving and can at best achieve 43 mpg and full urban is 38mpg. The best I can achieve at 60 mph on the motorway is 47.5mpg way under the quoted figures.
Second is the persistent metallic grating when breaking even though the pads and discs look OK and the car is driven daily so no corrosion can build up.
As ever all help gratefully received

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was averaging very low mpg up until 4500+miles and i now get ~50mpg urban and 62mpg motorway (up from ~40mpg urban and 50mpg motorway), as for the brakes I'm clueless, haven't experienced it and this is my first car :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi from a fellow newb. If you look through the forum there's a load of threads on mpg. I can't really comment till i've run it in.

Brakes are good for me, no noises. I'd be straight back to the dealer if there were though, hence bying a new car with a five year warranty?

·
Registered
141 Posts
QUOTE (oldcar @ Sep 24 2010, 05:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358480
Hello People
Thanks to those responding to my earlier post so can I ask the following of the forum members. Problem one is the fuel consumption quoted as 44mpg urban and 56.5 mpg combined. We do mostly combined driving and can at best achieve 43 mpg and full urban is 38mpg. The best I can achieve at 60 mph on the motorway is 47.5mpg way under the quoted figures.
Second is the persistent metallic grating when breaking even though the pads and discs look OK and the car is driven daily so no corrosion can build up.
As ever all help gratefully received

Petrol consumption I cant comment on. The brakes I might be able to help with.

Yes folks, the rear breaks also have a fix ( doesn't just about everything on the i10 ? ). New pads are fitted by some semi-skilled herbert who doesn't know one end of spanner from the other, he/she; it pretends to adjust something ( a bit like a four year old does when trying to copy Dad, you know. tongue out looking like he has a clue ) and hey presto !!!! Yep you guessed, nowt, zero, not a sausage, they still grate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Banana Fritter @ Sep 26 2010, 03:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358857
Petrol consumption I cant comment on. The brakes I might be able to help with.

Yes folks, the rear breaks also have a fix ( doesn't just about everything on the i10 ? ). New pads are fitted by some semi-skilled herbert who doesn't know one end of spanner from the other, he/she; it pretends to adjust something ( a bit like a four year old does when trying to copy Dad, you know. tongue out looking like he has a clue ) and hey presto !!!! Yep you guessed, nowt, zero, not a sausage, they still grate.
Hi this does not fill me with a lot of hope, going to dealer tomorrow with the starting and headlight problems and will mention the brakes to see what happens. As I work in engineering it makes you wonder weather to pick up the spanners yourself!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
QUOTE (oldcar @ Sep 26 2010, 07:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358913
it makes you wonder weather to pick up the spanners yourself!!!!!

I did.

Selling was not even an option for me due to the massive deprecation on this model. £8340 on a 10 reg with just under 3k miles and the best offer I obtained was £6100. That was after spending a fortune on Auto-Trader & eBay. I even tried webuyanycar and they offered an amazing online price of £5100 which no doubt would have dropped to £4900 once their <strike>long armed monkey boy </strike>sales rep had decided to knock a further chunk of the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts