Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do a tranny fluid change in my 2008 Santa Fe. I am wondering if anyone has had some luck with a subsutute to the hyundia brand fluid. 9.16 a quart is a bit pricey.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hyundai SPH-IV, Kia SP-III, SPH-IV or Mitsubishi Diamond SP-III are all compatible with Hyundai SP-III.

The SPH-IV is the better specification used in the 2010-on 6-speed autoboxes but backwards compatible.

Various 3rd party ATF is compatible with SP-III.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I am going to do a tranny fluid change in my 2008 Santa Fe. I am wondering if anyone has had some luck with a subsutute to the hyundia brand fluid. 9.16 a quart is a bit pricey.
I've used Castrol-multi import since 80k miles on my 03 santa fe(now have 127k). The first year I changed out all 11 quarts(two pan dumps), but I have gone to a single pan dump yearly. I use moble 1 extended performance so I can do my oil changes the same time every year- costs around $75 to do both.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want thank every one posting in this thread and this board. I did the fluid change today. Used the castrol import. Huge difference in the car. This must have been what it was like when it was new. Lets just hope it keeps running this good. Thanks again, Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts