Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
If they spent the same amount of money on R&D to stop headlamp motors wizzing up and down, then I would be impressed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Utterly terrible adverts.

I hate adverts which simply patronise the viewer and treat him/her like a child. This one does both. If I were in the market for this car, I think I'd be put off more than anything else.

I guess you could argue I'm not in the market for this car...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not defending Top Gear for a second, but just 'cos these adverts poke fun at the programme does not automatically make them good.

Think about it, if one of your friends starting mocking top gear down the pub, calling it top deer, and saying how funny it would be if Clarkson was a deer and reviewed cars without opposable thumbs, I'd probably back away from the door slowly, avoiding making eye contact.

These adverts are not funny or amusing in any way, they treat the viewer like an idiot. My friend's six year old daughter would find them amusing, but I'd really struggle to find any adults who would enjoy watching these, let alone laugh out loud.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Personally, I love Top Gear for its witty and sometimes politically incorrect humor. It's a relaxing breath of fresh air in an increasingly uptight world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts