Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when Hyundai's and Kia's were $2-5k less than Japanese and American at retail now it's on the average about $500-1000 less, I'm comparing the 2019 Hyundai Elantra SE A/T $18,100 to the Toyota Corolla L CVT at $18,700, the Corolla L has Automatic Emergency Braking with pedestrian detection and adaptive stop and go cruise control standard for just a mere $600, it doesn't have keyless entry, Hyundai and Kia have better warranties, The Elantra SE trim would most likely be more reliable than the Toyota because its not even offered on the Elantra SE. Pre-collision systems would be expensive to fix after 3/36 mile warranty ends on the Toyota.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My Elantra SE was over $700 less than any Elantra I priced at other dealerships in my area. I think one thing that set my dealership apart was rebates and Hyundai cash (end of month purchase). Corolla and Civic was not even in my ballpark.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Quality and available technology, has brought the prices up. Plus Hyundai still has standard features, that are options on other brands.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A Sonata SE is currently advertised for $18,595 that every qualifies for at my dealership. MSRP and what you pay is the difference between other brands. I remember my Dad bought a 1972 GMC truck brand new for around $2K. Today's trucks have more standard features/technology and cost more. It is called progress. I value less technology, not more. But I am biased by being perfectly content with cars and trucks from the 70's.

·
22,788 Posts
“About” 5.5% markup on MSRP over dealer cost, group. Watch out for those “addendum” stickers on the window. Crap like $300-400 for nitrogen-filled tires, $2,000 Market Value Adjustment, and $400-500 paint and interior protectants. You don’t need ‘em. All of which have one purpose: extra profit. Just tell the dealer you’ll start the negotiations at the original MSRP. You’re not paying that addendum crap. If he hesitates or balks, get up, walk out, and find another dealer.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
“About” 5.5% markup on MSRP over dealer cost, group. Watch out for those “addendum” stickers on the window. Crap like $300-400 for nitrogen-filled tires, $2,000 Market Value Adjustment, and $400-500 paint and interior protectants. You don’t need ‘em. All of which have one purpose: extra profit. Just tell the dealer you’ll start the negotiations at the original MSRP. You’re not paying that addendum crap. If he hesitates or balks, get up, walk out, and find another dealer.
And of course those "extras" go into your payment. So essentially your paying interest of that nitrogen!!??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts