Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
thought about it. 159.00.

my only concern is triggering the air bag or effecting the way the air bag deploys. i would also like to see how it feels before installing.

looks like it would be a cool upgrade.

i like that the accent actually has cool DEALER perf accessories!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have uninstalled one of these (just a plain black one) at the wrecker I got it all cleaned up I just have to install it in my car its really simple... 15 minute job max...

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
It's on my "if I only had the money" list, but I doubt I'll ever buy one.  Not much of a fan of the pebbly hard plastic on my wheel, but I guess if I've lived with it for 75,000 miles.....

AFAIK there hasn't been anyone on here that has bought one of these.

·
Registered
302 Posts
bought mine at the junk yard for $70 CDN, piece of cake to install, a worthwhile mod. i have a thread somewhere on here with pics.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Or you could just buy a Wheelskin cover and sew it on your existing wheel. It takes longer to install but requires no special tools and is a lot cheaper (I got mine for $54). Plus, you can get it made in all sorts of different colors and even 2 tone, like the Hyundai wheel.

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE (berserko @ Dec 6 2010, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377479
I have uninstalled one of these (just a plain black one) at the wrecker I got it all cleaned up I just have to install it in my car its really simple... 15 minute job max...
There did the other half of the job today I now have the leather steering wheel in. Its definitely nicer than the plastic one really cold when you get in but warms up quickly with the heat on it. Its exactly as the pdf say but I found a couple differences. My airbag was held in with 3 T-30 screws and my air bag only had a single connector not 2 like the diagram.

·
Registered
302 Posts
you can check it out here:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...c=45007&hl=

disconnect battery
remove air-bag
unscrew the big nut holding the wheel
use a steering wheel puller to pull the steering wheel off (you can rent it anywhere, here in canada, we have free rentals in 'part source')
put new wheel on, and tighten the nut (the nut will push the wheel into place)
put airbag back on
connect batter, and enjoy :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE (mpfive @ Dec 10 2010, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378569
you can check it out here:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...c=45007&hl=

disconnect battery
remove air-bag
unscrew the big nut holding the wheel
use a steering wheel puller to pull the steering wheel off (you can rent it anywhere, here in canada, we have free rentals in 'part source')
put new wheel on, and tighten the nut (the nut will push the wheel into place)
put airbag back on
connect batter, and enjoy :)
A puller is an optional peice of equipment despite what the manual says. Wiggle the wheel back and forth a few times and it comes right off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts