Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO, Shame on Hyundai not offering the homelink/anti glare rear mirror standard, at least on the Limited version, and optional on the other models, besides no longer offering a fold down front passenger seat, but you would think both front seats would have the fold down feature nowadays, and an opening rear liftgate window standard across the line on the Tucson, as in the previous 2005-2009 model. Instead they took a giant step backward in technology :angry: Why? Is this a result of cost cutting? What were they thinking? How can you carry any long items inside :blink: :puzzled: I would have paid the extra cost, if I had my choice, besides as far as I'm concerned I would have gladly given up the cost for that hill holding nonsense, in exchange for these previous items, because I feel that's not usually needed with an auto. trans. Pennywise, and Pound Foolish I think!

·
Registered
18 Posts
In Canada we can't even get the homelink as an option. I had to purchase one from Hyundai USA and install it myself.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (MikDee @ Jun 18 2010, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334170
IMO, Shame on Hyundai not offering the homelink/anti glare rear mirror standard, at least on the Limited version, and optional on the other models, besides no longer offering a fold down front passenger seat, but you would think both front seats would have the fold down feature nowadays, and an opening rear liftgate window standard across the line on the Tucson, as in the previous 2005-2009 model. Instead they took a giant step backward in technology :angry: Why? Is this a result of cost cutting? What were they thinking? How can you carry any long items inside :blink: :puzzled: I would have paid the extra cost, if I had my choice, besides as far as I'm concerned I would have gladly given up the cost for that hill holding nonsense, in exchange for these previous items, because I feel that's not usually needed with an auto. trans. Pennywise, and Pound Foolish I think!
Absolutely agree with you about the mirror and the rear window. I know there are reasons for things that we will never know, but it's really inexcusable that a car with a $28K price tag doesn't have the mirror! If it's any consolation, though, my $34K Audi A3 DID NOT have the mirror either. That's even more preposterous, IMO.

I have already had a couple of instances where I really wanted the rear window. As I am hauling my bikes 800 miles away this summer, I'll bet I have even more.

Still love my car, but those were a couple of gaffes in the design/presentation of this otherwise great product.

tim B)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts