Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a email from Hyundai that said to watch my mail for I was soon to receive a welcome package.
Does anyone know what it contains ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have been waiting for mine too. wonder how long it takes? :gitara:

Has anyone else done the survey for the Hyundai engineers online? I got an email about that a while back. Just basic how are we doing and what are you concerned about questions. :right:

·
Registered
673 Posts
I recieved a paper survey in the mail and I filled it out and sent it back. I mentioned that my car was pulling to the left slightly. I mentioned I have squeak in the driver's seat (lumbar area) thats getting annoying. Other than that I had no other issues to tell them about. My tranny has been fine, the engine is running good, the electrical system has been doing what it's supposed to, and I had an issue with the NAV unit early on but that was fixed. All in all I gave it good marks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
They usb key is the size of a house key so not big. It was glued to to a postcard style letter. Also got some other stuff about donations and what not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been able to use the USB key from the welcome package as a normal USB drive? Got mine today, it launches the Hyundai Welcome website fine, but doesn't show up in Explorer so I can't reformat it. Also tried looking for it in Windows Disk Management, even in Ubuntu and it doesn't seem to assign a letter to it once it is inserted. Not sure how it works.

Would be cool to stick it on a keychain to have a little USB storage just in case (even though I'm sure it is a tiny amount of storage).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yup, got my little usb key...but, i had already signed up on their website. They (Hyundai) had sent me an email, thanking me for having interest in their new 'Sonata'. They offered me a deal, if I were to purchase one and sign up at 'My Hyundai.com' before Sept, 30th, they would give me 2 years free scheduled maintenance. So, I did. Still waiting for my 'coupon' book as they stated they would be sending me.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
QUOTE (fear24 @ Nov 2 2010, 08:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368242
Yup, got my little usb key...but, i had already signed up on their website. They (Hyundai) had sent me an email, thanking me for having interest in their new 'Sonata'. They offered me a deal, if I were to purchase one and sign up at 'My Hyundai.com' before Sept, 30th, they would give me 2 years free scheduled maintenance. So, I did. Still waiting for my 'coupon' book as they stated they would be sending me.

damm thats sweet, I would love to get that 2 year maintenance too.. share how

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 2 2010, 08:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368248
long story short: i needed a new ride. lost our odyssey to an rear-end collision (i got rear ended), totalled it. needed something we could travel cross country in for volleyball tournaments, but also got decent mileage. i kept visiting edmunds and hyundai's website, 'researching' the sonata. I actually started out comparing the santa fe and highlander, then i noticed the mileage on the sonata. just had multiple visits to their site...the, i get an email, stating what i had mentioned before.

'Thank you for your interest in the new 2011 Sonata. If you purchase one before September 30, 2010, we'll give you 2 years free scheduled maintenace'. that was in mid august. Also, at this time, they had the financing deal as well. Problem was, there was none to be had in Kansas City. When i did purchase, 9/4/10, I mentioned this deal to the dealer, and he/they were suprised about it. They asked the sales manager and he hadn't heard of it either. I showed them the email i had recieved because i couldn't sign up yet because it needed a vin number, too which i didn't have yet. the salesman spouts out 'sweet'!!

only problem so far....i haven't received the 'book' yet they were to send me.

you may want to visit their site alot before you actually buy one....and see what happens! (p.s. - don't clean your cookies)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 2 2010, 08:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368248
In fact...i still have the email:

Thanks for your interest in Hyundai,
Bill.

You've been selected to receive free factory-scheduled lube, oil and filter service for the first two years/30,000 miles.

Simply purchase a new Hyundai now through September 30, 2010, to take advantage of this special offer.

Not only does this save you money, it makes it easy to keep your vehicle running like new with a quick, no-cost Hyundai service visit every 7,500 miles. And, for added peace of mind, you will be confident that your vehicle is being properly maintained by Hyundai-trained technicians.

Here's how to accept this special offer:

Since this offer is not available to the general public, we have some specific instructions on how to receive your free oil changes:

1. After purchasing your new Hyundai, register at MyHyundai.com using the same e-mail address through which you've received this offer.

2. You'll receive your enrollment confirmation and coupon book in four to six weeks.

That's all there is to it — but hurry, this offer ends September 30, 2010.

:banana:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not to bring you down, but the free oil change gimmick has no effect on my car purchase. If it was LIFE TIME free oil changes, then maybe were talking. But, since I like Mobil 1 and the dealer doesn't use it, not really convincing to me.

30k in oil change divided by 7,500 miles = 4 oil change X 35.00 = $140 bucks. So you spend over 20k on a car and get 140 bucks in oil changes. I'd laugh at the dealer if they offered me this, don't insult my intelligence!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (fear24 @ Nov 2 2010, 06:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368242
I got that email after i asked for quotes off edmunds.com. Bought my sonata on sept 30 and signed up on their site that nite. Still waiting for my kit :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts