Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAVE 2002 350GXL CAR. IT IS A DISGRACE HOW HYUNDAI REPAIR SHOP ROBS CUSTOMERS. HAD CAR IN TO SHOP SINCE YR 2008 TIL NOW 2010.SPEND $1000.00 AND STILL CAR DOES NOT WORK. ENGINE LIGHT ON. WENT TO ANOTHER HYUNDAI REPAIR SHOP AND FOUND $3000 DAMAGE. FIRST SHOP COULD NOT FIND. SILLL HAVE TO PAY $450 OR A CLEAN TO CLEAN THE CARBON OUT OF THE INJECTORED. I WAS TOLD I NEED A TUNE THEY DID IT 2 DIFFERENT TIME WITHIN ONE WEEK. NOT THE PROBLEM. TRANIE FLUSH NOT THE PROBLEM. BY THE WAY THEY BROKE MY AXLE ON A RECALL. I PUT IN A AFTER MARKET PART FOUND OUT FROM THE SECOND SHOP ITS COVERED. POWER DOOR LOCKS COULD NOT BE FIXED UNTIL 2010,ALSO THEY RUINED MY BATTERY HAD TO BUY NEW BATTERY, TOLD ME MY IGNATION COILS WERE BAD , SO THEY REPLACE THAT. NOW I HAVE 3 COILS THAT ARE GOOD STILL WHILE THE 3 OTHERS IN MY CAR THAT DID NOT HAVE TO BE REPLACE.. GOT LOCK OUT SO MANY TIMES WHEN CAR WAS IDLING. NOW THEY FOUND OUT THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER MELTED THE PAN AND HAD LOT OF CARBON IN THE INJECTORS. THEY TELL ME ITS LIKE A SLOW CANCER. NOT TAKING CARE OF IT IT SPREAD. ALSO THE FIRST DEALER TOLD ME I HAVE TO REPLACE MY TIMING BELT ANOTHER $650. THATS NOT COVERED. SO WHAT IS COVERED BY OUR WONDERFUL WARRANTY? ALL I SEE I WAS ROBBED WITH OUT HOLDING MY HANDS UP AND NOT HAVING A GUN IN MY BACK. WHEN I FOUGHT WITH THEM THEY THREATEN ME. THIS IS NOT A CUSTOMER SOULD BE TREATED. I AM THINKING OF SUING THEM BUT HOW FAR WOULD I GET? WOULD I WIN? I WONDER.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I'm sorry you're having so much trouble but a lot of what you are describing is considered by many car makers (including Hyundai) to be normal wear and tear. Warranty covers defects in assembly and workmanship, not maintenance. I have never once seen a timing belt covered by the warranty; it's a scheduled maintenance item and that is the responsibility of the customer. It also sounds like there are quite a few incompetent shops in your area.

I doubt you'd have much recourse in a lawsuit so if I were in your shoes, I'd cut your losses and just ditch the car. From what I'm reading here, it's pretty much a basket case anyway but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (350hyundai @ Oct 10 2010, 01:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362376
HAVE 2002 350GXL CAR.
Ok

HAD CAR IN TO SHOP SINCE YR 2008 TIL NOW 2010.
Car set at shop for 2yr ?

SPEND $1000.00 AND STILL CAR DOES NOT WORK.
Tell them to make it right, you spent $1000, and they returned it to you as right.. where's thier shop warranty on workmanship ?

ENGINE LIGHT ON.
MIL illuminated, thats a start..... what were the codes stored with the MIL illuminated ?

WENT TO ANOTHER HYUNDAI REPAIR SHOP AND FOUND $3000 DAMAGE. FIRST SHOP COULD NOT FIND.
What were the codes, and what was the supposed damage ? Majority of XG I see with poor run and MIL turn out to be customer neglect... tune way past due, turns out to be 3 coils, wires, plugs that are erroded badly usually gets them to run.. occassional MAF for lean codes, see that more on the XG300...

SILLL HAVE TO PAY $450 OR A CLEAN TO CLEAN THE CARBON OUT OF THE INJECTORED.
You got took for ride with that one, that is a "transfer device".... transfer money from your pocket to theirs...

I WAS TOLD I NEED A TUNE THEY DID IT 2 DIFFERENT TIME WITHIN ONE WEEK. NOT THE PROBLEM.
Tune every 60,000, use NGK Platinum or Iridium plugs only, replace wire set while apart, and look at coils for burn.

TRANIE FLUSH NOT THE PROBLEM.
What is the reason the car in the shop ? Is it there for driveability, or is it there for a shifting issue... Trans has nothing to do with engine running, looks like you bought some maintanance

BY THE WAY THEY BROKE MY AXLE ON A RECALL.
Which recall, I am not aware of any recall that would affect an axle.. even with frame recall, axles are not touched.. what was reason for axle replacement ?

I PUT IN A AFTER MARKET PART FOUND OUT FROM THE SECOND SHOP ITS COVERED.

POWER DOOR LOCKS COULD NOT BE FIXED UNTIL 2010,
Huh? This is interesting, not much really goes wrong with XG locks, care to explain the problem with the locks.

ALSO THEY RUINED MY BATTERY HAD TO BUY NEW BATTERY,
Huh ? Explain that one.. I would venture myself that car stil had OE battery at 6-8yr old, your lucky it lasted that long, most start to fade away at 3-4yr..

TOLD ME MY IGNATION COILS WERE BAD , SO THEY REPLACE THAT. NOW I HAVE 3 COILS THAT ARE GOOD STILL WHILE THE 3 OTHERS IN MY CAR THAT DID NOT HAVE TO BE REPLACE..
3.5 in the XG only has (3) coils @ BANK 2, and (3) wire that run from coils to plugs @ BANK 1..quite common for the coils to burn through the coil body and misfire

GOT LOCK OUT SO MANY TIMES WHEN CAR WAS IDLING.
Father in-law was Mgr at a Lincoln-Mercury dealer, he always told customers in the aisle that as they got out of car, to roll window down slightly if they were going to leave keys inside the car..

NOW THEY FOUND OUT THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER MELTED THE PAN
I wanna see this, got pics ?? Another line of BULL from whoever

AND HAD LOT OF CARBON IN THE INJECTORS.
I wanna see this too, only thing inside injectors is gasoline under pressure waiting for pintle valve to open and fuel to spray through the nozzle into the intake tract just above the intake valve.. Got pics ?

THEY TELL ME ITS LIKE A SLOW CANCER.
Just stupid

NOT TAKING CARE OF IT IT SPREAD.
Hmm, did you do regular maintanance on your end of the deal, or drive it till it was so bad that it would not run anymore... that is what I see a lot of time, then they moan that it takes approx $800 to replace the burned up stuff to make it run again..

ALSO THE FIRST DEALER TOLD ME I HAVE TO REPLACE MY TIMING BELT ANOTHER $650.
Timing belt is regular maintanance item, typically 60-90,000 mile, break that, you in a world of hurt.

THATS NOT COVERED.
Only if it broke before 5/60

SO WHAT IS COVERED BY OUR WONDERFUL WARRANTY?
Refer to your warranty handbook... parts/material/workmanship 5/60, lubricated powertrain parts to original owner 10/100

ALL I SEE I WAS ROBBED WITH OUT HOLDING MY HANDS UP AND NOT HAVING A GUN IN MY BACK. WHEN I FOUGHT WITH THEM THEY THREATEN ME. THIS IS NOT A CUSTOMER SOULD BE TREATED.
You were more than free to decline all repairs and pay applicable inspection charge and remove vehicle from shop and seek a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or however many opinions you desire before starting repairs..

I AM THINKING OF SUING THEM BUT HOW FAR WOULD I GET? WOULD I WIN? I WONDER.
Doubt it will go anywhere... how much you want to spend to recover a few dollars

Lets start with "I have a 2002 XG 350", the car had MIL, had scanned and found these codes _______________,,, and put into some kind orderly fashion..

NO caps lock, no rambling...

Pics show stuff I see pretty much with XG family

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts