Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How strict is Hyundai's warranty when it comes to tuning your car. Some things I either know or highly doubt they'd care. Like if I installed a regular K&N air filter. However, what is the consenus opinion of where they will balk on your warranty if you do to much?

Tuning ideas I had were muffler, cat back, coil overs with very modest lowering, sway bars...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (TouringGA @ Aug 27 2010, 09:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352278
How strict is Hyundai's warranty when it comes to tuning your car. Some things I either know or highly doubt they'd care. Like if I installed a regular K&N air filter.
Ok

However, what is the consenus opinion of where they will balk on your warranty if you do to much?

Tuning ideas I had were muffler, cat back,
Driveability concerns/MIL due to changes will not be warrantable... Tech is not going to want to touch it, and have you keep coming back complaining they cannot make it run with your altered design from as it came off truck from Hyundai design.

coil overs with very modest lowering, sway bars...
Here agin, altered from factory design, so no go on the align (12/12 anyway), noise over bumps, harsh ride....

You could request to meet with DPSM when they come by and take it up with them, read your owner warranty guide book too.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Excellent responses in this thread.

Volkswagen famously tried to deny a warranty claim based on the use of a Fram oil filter, without any evidence that the Fram filter caused the problem. The courts ruled against them... aftermarket parts do not void warranties simply by virtue of their presence. However, it is different if the aftermarket part is proven to have caused the problem, or if it interferes with vehicle diagnostics/servicing. In those cases you are on your own.

There is always a financial risk when modifying a vehicle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont know anything about warranty but what i think is say if your putting lowering springs on your car you just bought, and suddenly your tires have massive camb wear and your car pulls, they wont warranty that. or say u bought a boosted 2.0t genesister and bought and aftermarket chip to up the boost to a higher psi and end up blowing the block, warranty will be voided. just my way of seeing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts