Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am from india. I have hyundai verna fluidic crdi sx opt. Auto.
Currently i have problem with auto transmission.

While car in P mode than i can shift lever without pressing brake pedel to R reverse to N neutral to D drive. Wheater car is switch on or off doenst matter.

I need urgent help.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
There is a cable that runs from the brake pedal to the shifter mechanism. When you step on the brake, the cable moves a cam in the shifter mechanism that allows the lever to move out of PARK.

The cable might be broken or out of adjustment. The diagram below shows the cable (Number 4 - highlighted in yellow). Check the brake first. It might have come off and might just need an adjustment. If it looks OK on the brake, you will have to take your shifter console apart to get at the mechanism.

I'm not sure how your warranty works in India, but I suspect that this would be covered. Check with your dealer to be sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i am from india. I have hyundai verna fluidic crdi sx opt. Auto.
Currently i have problem with auto transmission.

While car in P mode than i can shift lever without pressing brake pedel to R reverse to N neutral to D drive. Wheater car is switch on or off doenst matter.

I need urgent help.

i have accent 2012,, 4-door ,, with 1.6 MPI-Motor ,,

my car do as u say exactly ,, the Brake-lock is not attached to it ,, so u can move the lever in any condition ,,
check the dealer or yr car specs. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had same issue in my Dodge Attitude ( Hundai sales by Chrysler ) I take to the dealer and they instaled the shifter lock cable withno cost , looks like is the option not ordered for some countries , try and complain in the dealer that is a safety issue .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have verna 1.6 sx Diesel AT model.I am facing problem in AT.Suddenly automatic transmission is not working.When we put the car in drive mode or reverse mode,car is not moving.kindly help.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Can you check the transmission fluid? Is it full? Depending on mileage, has it been changed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts