Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
08 Veracruz GLS
107 Posts
I don't think your switch cluster is bad. That would be pretty rare. The resistor is most always at fault.

It lives in the air flow and scrubs off power in the form of heat to slow the fan motor. They do burn out.
Meter test simple parts before you replace anything.

Circuit component Finger Electronic component Electrical wiring Cable

(this is a picture of the front resistor, the rear looks very similar)

Hyundai Workshop Manuals > Veracruz FWD V6-3.8L (2009) > Heating and Air Conditioning > Blower Motor Resistor > Component Information > Testing and Inspection > Power Mosfet

Hyundai Workshop Manuals > Veracruz FWD V6-3.8L (2009) > Heating and Air Conditioning > Blower Motor Resistor > Component Information > Service and Repair > Power Mosfet > Page 6731

https://www.oemhyundaiparts.com/oem-parts/hyundai-hvac-blower-motor-control-module-

Good Luck.
-PC

·
Registered
08 Veracruz GLS
107 Posts
Hi, my problem with the rear AC controller is that if you turn in ON (Manual mode), the fan speed goes all the way to "high" (or maximum), and you cannot alter the fan speed no matter what you do. It's either OFF or MAX.
https://flic.kr/p/2mEfaeZ

From the other thread. And he has DM'd me looking to buy my spare rear controller.
-PC

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hi, anyone know where we can buy an aircon controller module of a Hyundai Veracruz 2008 model? Or is that the correct name of this car part? Pls. see picture below for reference. Thanks for your help.

https://flic.kr/p/2mEfaeZ
You have another post on this same problem? Why?
From the other thread. And he has DM'd me looking to buy my spare rear controller.
-PC

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think your switch cluster is bad. That would be pretty rare. The resistor is most always at fault.

It lives in the air flow and scrubs off power in the form of heat to slow the fan motor. They do burn out.
Meter test simple parts before you replace anything.

View attachment 463852
(this is a picture of the front resistor, the rear looks very similar)

Hyundai Workshop Manuals > Veracruz FWD V6-3.8L (2009) > Heating and Air Conditioning > Blower Motor Resistor > Component Information > Testing and Inspection > Power Mosfet

Hyundai Workshop Manuals > Veracruz FWD V6-3.8L (2009) > Heating and Air Conditioning > Blower Motor Resistor > Component Information > Service and Repair > Power Mosfet > Page 6731

https://www.oemhyundaiparts.com/oem-parts/hyundai-hvac-blower-motor-control-module-

Good Luck.
-PC
Wow, thanks PC. So you think that even if I replace my HVAC blower motor control module, the problem will still not be solved? Because most likely, the front resistor should be fixed instead?

·
Registered
08 Veracruz GLS
107 Posts
Wow, thanks PC. So you think that even if I replace my HVAC blower motor control module, the problem will still not be solved? Because most likely, the front resistor should be fixed instead?
No sir. The front resistor seems to be working fine. It controls speed for front and rear unless rear panel is enabled. Then the rear blower resistor is used.

Because you say the fan motor runs full speed on rear controller, the rear resistor should be tested first. It is not easy to get to. Rear seats must be removed to remove the right rear cover and access the rear HVAC system.

-PC

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi PC, let me elaborate: when operating the AC system from the main (front) controller, the AC blower fans for rear occupants go full speed. If you change to "Manual" and the rear panel is enabled but put it in "0", then the blower fan goes OFF. But the moment you move it to "1" position and next stops, then the blower fan go full speed, no more speed variation: it's either "O" or full speed (High) at any number from 1 to 5?. Now, if the rear resistor is really faulty, then perhaps it will be full speed even at "0". This is weird. That's why maybe the rear panel controller is the one with fault. Perhaps its PCM is not functioning well. Maybe the IC in that rear panel controller needs to be replaced. Is there any chance you would know the model number of that IC in there?

·
Registered
08 Veracruz GLS
107 Posts
If you follow the links above to workshop manuals, the tests are all there for each component. You may need both. All parts are expensive, to replace a good part would be frustrating indeed.
The 7000+ pages are intended for dealer service persons, but anyone who understands and can use a multi-meter can do diagnostic of each part.

Fans with no speed control, is nearly always the blower resistor. Pull the plug and test the resistor for the known good values. You may find a short between pins that should show resistance.

The front resistor is easy to get to. Just above the passenger's left toes. The rear is NOT so easy to lay ones fingers upon, living behind the 3rd row right side rear panel. Not an impossible job, but there are many bits to be removed before the panel can be removed, and you will break some of the fasteners pulling the panel off. Just basic hand tools are needed, take pics as you take it apart.
Very clever how these trucks are put together. You will be tempted to try and peel back the cover enough to reach the resistor.

Test everything before buying anything. :cool:

-PC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts