Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I recently bought Hyundai Venue DCT SX+. I have noticed something unusual. Whenever i am in traffic, transmission temperature starts rising and it goes to Very high in just 10-15 minutes of traffic. When it gets too hot, unusual odour comes and an alarm triggers saying Transmission Temperature is High. Stop Safely. I usually shift from D to N when i am in traffic. Still temperature rises to Hot very soon. What should i do? Is there any solution for it?

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Get an external cooler installed. Call your mechanic if you don't know how to do this.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'm going to take a guess you are riding the brake while letting the car creep along. You're basically riding the clutch. I've had my DCT in heavy traffic for long periods and never had the temp issue. But my daily is a 6M as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to take a guess you are riding the brake while letting the car creep along. You're basically riding the clutch. I've had my DCT in heavy traffic for long periods and never had the temp issue. But my daily is a 6M as well.
Hey. Thanks for your reply. I didnt get you actually. What do you mean by car creep along? Can you please elaborate? I usually put the gear to N while my car is stopped in traffic. And when i shift to D i usually use the brake pedal to move the car and not the accelerator pedal because lifting the brake pedal moves the car. Can you tell what am i doing wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Hey. Thanks for your reply. I didnt get you actually. What do you mean by car creep along? Can you please elaborate? I usually put the gear to N while my car is stopped in traffic. And when i shift to D i usually use the brake pedal to move the car and not the accelerator pedal because lifting the brake pedal moves the car. Can you tell what am i doing wrong? Thanks
Using the brake to move the car is riding the brake. If the brake is used, the clutch doesn't fully release, so your basically riding the clutch and overheating it. No need to shift to N. When you want/need to move forward, take foot completely off brake.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Using the brake to move the car is riding the brake. If the brake is used, the clutch doesn't fully release, so your basically riding the clutch and overheating it. No need to shift to N. When you want/need to move forward, take foot completely off brake.
I have messaged you personally. Please check it brother. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys. I recently bought Hyundai Venue DCT SX+. I have noticed something unusual. Whenever i am in traffic, transmission temperature starts rising and it goes to Very high in just 10-15 minutes of traffic. When it gets too hot, unusual odour comes and an alarm triggers saying Transmission Temperature is High. Stop Safely. I usually shift from D to N when i am in traffic. Still temperature rises to Hot very soon. What should i do? Is there any solution for it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Naman
I am also facing the same issue of overheat in DCT SX + which I bought in June2019.The workshop guys are unable to understand / address the issue.Can somebody help...what could be the real issue

·
Registered
531 Posts
Realize that a forum brings out the worst, but personally, you couldn't give a car with this transmission:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts