Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys---got my new Veloster turbo and took it straight to the track to get a baseline, and do a proper review video of the car. We took a bunch of gopro's and stuck them everywhere---we're cutting the footage together to get a complete video, but I wanted to share the rough footage with everyone---these cars are a lot of fun at the track and have amazing potential!!! Here's a link to some fun/rough footage-

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we top out about 115mph to 118mph in the front straight---through turn 8 we're going about 110mph to 115mph. The stock tires are a huge limiting factor on the car---aftermarket tires would take many seconds off the laptimes---that and getting the car properly setup suspension wise which is in the works currently. Still I was able to drive around quite a few cars in it's stock form, allthough I've done quite a few laps (probably thousands...) there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's another video clip---the audio isn't great but you can just make out what I'm saying. We're using the footage from these clips and a couple others to do a proper review video and then a video series on how to prepare the car for the track/racing. Again the audio quality isn't great but still fun none the less

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here's another video clip---the audio isn't great but you can just make out what I'm saying. We're using the footage from these clips and a couple others to do a proper review video and then a video series on how to prepare the car for the track/racing. Again the audio quality isn't great but still fun none the less
2013 HYUNDAI VELOSTER TURBO Review at Willow Springs - YouTube
**Subscribed** Thanks for posting! I can't wait to see what you guys develop for this car.
I've been dieing to find out how this car does at the track as in the next two years I will be buying another new car. So far its narrowed down to a BRZ, Veloster Turbo or Miata. Thing is if the Veloster was RWD it would be a slam dunk. Then again if the Gen coupe looses like 800 lbs and shrinks in size that would be my 1st choice.
I want something I can daily drive but also something that I can track from time to time.

Just one question... @1:01 twin scroll supercharger?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Suscribed as well, if anything just to relive that track. I love Willow Springs. That Veloster looked very capable. Lightweight wheels and sticky rubber would make it even more so. I look forward to seeing whats next.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts