I've driven the Trajet 2.0 for almost 18 months and now the Tucson for slightly more than a month. I do not really expect any outstanding performance from Hyundai cars, especially when it comes to fuel consumption.
My Tucson performs satisfactorily and has no complains (so far). *But* there is one thing that I cannot accept - noise, *unwanted* noise. Komoco is unable to detect where the noise is coming from. Hyundai Korea did not reply my complain email. This is very unexpected from a company and distributor that aims to sell as many Tucsons as possible, given the good previews and reviews todate.
The noise seems:
- to be coming from underneath the vehicle;
- sounds like hard surface knocking;
- definitely vibration as it happens only at slightly less than 1000 rpm
- the vibration is intense between 2500 and 3000 rpm;
- happens either cold or hot, loudess at mid-day;
- no sound when stationery;
There are other surprises, too:
- auto-lock does not make sense;
- power window remote switch does not work;
- under-carriage Tuff-Kote sprayed onto rims;