Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2006 tucson 2.0 tdci. When driving in 2nd and 3rd gears (most noticeably) there is a random sporadic misfire/hesitation. It has had a new egr valve recently and now a new throttle body/anti shudder valve for the throttle position sensor B fault causing loss of power. It kinda feels like a fuel fault. Has anyone any experience of this kind of fault? Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
Do you know what trouble code was logged that led to the throttle body replacement? When was that repair carried out? Just in case that gives us a clue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, it was P2113 throttle pedal position sensor B minimum stop performance. The symptoms of that was loss of power/turbo. When I removed the throttle body I found the electrical housing part full of oil and the small sprocket that would operate the flap half broken off. With the new throttle body the turbo is working again which is great. The misfire had started shortly before total loss of power and then when the eml came on I thought it was the same fault having got worse. Apparently I was wrong...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just thinking, the new egr valve that I fitted I was unable to carry out any basic settings on it as my diagnostic machine wouldn't do it. Maybe a cause?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts