Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi HI have a pre registered Hyundai Tucson 2019 Premium, first reg July 2019, its done 1200 miles, and I have already had the headlamps replaced. As when I wash my car they both mist up, with quite a lot of moisture in side the unit.
The dealership apparently has replaced them, but the replacements are no better at all. They also claimed that it was acceptable for some moisture to occur, as long as it disappeared over a period of time, that they did not determine the length of time.

I have worked in the motor industry to some 20 years, that to me is a customer claim, and a new unit is replaced, as these are normally SEALED.
Has anyone else had the same issue, if so what was the resolution please?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi HI have a pre registered Hyundai Tucson 2019 Premium, first reg July 2019, its done 1200 miles, and I have already had the headlamps replaced. As when I wash my car they both mist up, with quite a lot of moisture in side the unit.
The dealership apparently has replaced them, but the replacements are no better at all. They also claimed that it was acceptable for some moisture to occur, as long as it disappeared over a period of time, that they did not determine the length of time.

I have worked in the motor industry to some 20 years, that to me is a customer claim, and a new unit is replaced, as these are normally SEALED.
If the car was registered in July 2019 and you have recently bought it then it has probably been standing in storage for about a year (If registration starts with letter E I think I know where) and moisture has entered the lamp assembly as headlamps are not sealed units if the bulb/light unit can be replaced. You state the dealer has replaced the units but this seems doubtful if the replacements are also are misting up and it may be that they tried unsuccessfully, to dry out the lamps. The car has a 5 year transferable warranty so take the car back to the dealer and get them to rectify the problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2020 Value, passenger headlight fogged after washing. Took to dealer and they said there is a TSB. it says if it goes away in 30 minutes then that is normal. They said keep a eye on it and bring back if it happens and stays longer. It's rained and I've washed her and issue hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2020 Value, passenger headlight fogged after washing. Took to dealer and they said there is a TSB. it says if it goes away in 30 minutes then that is normal. They said keep a eye on it and bring back if it happens and stays longer. It's rained and I've washed her and issue hasn't happened again.
Thanks for you reply

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi. I have a registered 2020 Tucson GLX model. On the day of delivery I noticed condensation/mist in the headlights! Dealership said it was normal because of temperature changes but nevertheless they replaced then under warranty terms! They misted again together with the fog lights!! My research brings me to the fact that these headlights are not sealed but vented because of heat buildup!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Almost 5 years old and no issues here. I'd make sure the bulbs are seated properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts