Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure how many of you actually browse the classified forums but I definitely know that a lot of you are interested in upgrading to the OEM Navigation system. I am parting ways with my Tucson and I reverted back to stock to sell the car so up for grabs is all the parts that I used for the upgrade.

FS: Hyundai Tucson 2016+ OEM Navigation System

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Feel free to ask any questions about installation, I will be happy to answer. Also all relevant wiring diagrams will be provided.

·
Registered
231 Posts
How did you make the wiring work? The two are quite different. The upgraded unit isn't supposed to have an internal amp at least in the US model.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you make the wiring work? The two are quite different. The upgraded unit isn't supposed to have an internal amp at least in the US model.

That was the reason I got this particular model, it had the internal amp as opposed to the external SPDIF amp variant. For this, the major difference is the USB wiring and the power/ ground and accessory layout. I used a T-harness and made the necessary alterations so I wouldn’t have to go to town on the OEM harness. It does take a little work and knowledge to get it going. I’m not in front of my computer at the moment else I would’ve uploaded the wiring diagrams to point out the differences to you.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That was the reason I got this particular model, it had the internal amp as opposed to the external SPDIF amp variant. For this, the major difference is the USB wiring and the power/ ground and accessory layout. I used a T-harness and made the necessary alterations so I wouldn’t have to go to town on the OEM harness. It does take a little work and knowledge to get it going. I’m not in front of my computer at the moment else I would’ve uploaded the wiring diagrams to point out the differences to you.

Please do, I would like knowledge about OEM Navigation upgrade because I am so dying have one in my Tucson Night and 5 inch screen is only thing is annoying me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also as the European version does it have all the same apps as ours? And XM compatible?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've attached wiring diagrams for the two radios most commonly found in base model Tucsons 2016+ together with the wiring diagram for the Euro Navigation model to highlight the differences in the wiring harnesses. When I had the unit installed, I used a T-harness to rearrange the wires necessary without actually altering the factory wiring of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've attached wiring diagrams for the two radios most commonly found in base model Tucsons 2016+ together with the wiring diagram for the Euro Navigation model to highlight the differences in the wiring harnesses. When I had the unit installed, I used a T-harness to rearrange the wires necessary without actually altering the factory wiring of the car.
What's the program you can punch a VIN into to look up diagrams such as these? I'd love to get my hands on the diagram for my wife's tucson, to see exactly how much altering I'd have to do to make this work. I could, if I go this route, either re-pin the stock harness or make an adapter harness. My only issue is my 5" existing radio looks like the picture for the one without XM input, which mine has...which is why I'd like to get my grubby hands on the program you pulled these diagrams from. ;) Really starting to like the idea of this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
The EU models don't usually have XM (I think only Germany models do?). Some of them have DAB (mine doesn't) - it might be disabled in software (and maybe able to re-enable in the testmode menu, or it might be part of the manufacturing process).
Also, only late 2017 builds (MY2018) have a new head unit that support Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The one you linked LAN5020EHTL does not and probably never will

·
Registered
1 Posts
T-harness

Hello,
Did you get the T-harness online and one for this sort of swap or did you have to manually make some changes?

Do you have the link for the correct T-harness needed?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello,

Did you get the T-harness online and one for this sort of swap or did you have to manually make some changes?

Do you have the link for the correct T-harness needed?

The T harnesses that you usually get are identical to the base model harness with the internal head unit amp since they’re mainly used to add an amp to that system.

You’ll have to use the wiring diagrams provided and repin the harness accordingly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts