Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,295 Posts
thanks for your help AUTOSPARK
No problem, happy I was able to help.
What did you do to get it cranking? Did you have to cut the green wire or did the alarm override in post #14 work?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,392 Posts
The simple fix is just to cut the green/black wire. That wire is the ground for the relay coil, coming from the BCM/Alarm. It can't turn on with that ground disconnected.
I'd cut it an inch or so back from the connector so there is enough wire left for you to rejoin it later if required.
If you wanted to disable the alarm .. is to remove the relay instead of cutting wire to disable the relay.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
If you wanted to disable the alarm .. is to remove the relay instead of cutting wire to disable the relay.
Disabling the alarm was never the objective. And removing the alarm relay wouldn't have accomplished that objective anyway.
The objective was to get the engine cranking again. I'm afraid removing the alarm relay wouldn't have accomplished that objective either.
Anyway, thanks for taking part in the discussion. It's been fun, as always :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The disarm method has not worked for me. I've finally jumped the pink wire with the white wire on the connector. (Same as relay without power / or cut green/Black)

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,392 Posts
Disabling the alarm was never the objective. And removing the alarm relay wouldn't have accomplished that objective anyway.
So removing the alarm relay would not disable the alarm??
But, cutting the wire to the relay would??
The objective was to get the engine cranking again. I'm afraid removing the alarm relay wouldn't have accomplished that objective either.
Anyway, thanks for taking part in the discussion. It's been fun, as always :)
Missing a piece of information about how the alarm relay is related to the cranking of the engine.
Anyway, you always do like to pick on me.
I know how you need to prop yourself up.
That never really bothers me.
However, you end up helping the OP.
That is what matters.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
So removing the alarm relay would not disable the alarm??
But, cutting the wire to the relay would??
No, neither of those would disable the alarm.

avisitor said:
Missing a piece of information about how the alarm relay is related to the cranking of the engine.
When the alarm is armed the green/black wire at the alarm relay is switched to ground, grounding one side of the relay coil.
When the key is tuned to START 12V is applied to the other side of the relay coil and the relay is energised.
The START relay is connected to the normally closed contact of the alarm relay (87a terminal). When the alarm relay is energised that normally closed contact opens.
With the START relay circuit now open the engine is unable to crank. I'm sure if you refer back to the circuit diagram I'm sure you'll be able to follow how it works.

avisitor said:
Anyway, you always do like to pick on me.
When someone says something dumb about something auto electrical I correct them. It doesn't matter who it is.
Sorry to break it to you, but there is nothing special about you. Nothing at all.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,392 Posts
No, neither of those would disable the alarm.

When the alarm is armed the green/black wire at the alarm relay is switched to ground, grounding one side of the relay coil.
When the key is tuned to START 12V is applied to the other side of the relay coil and the relay is energised.
The START relay is connected to the normally closed contact of the alarm relay (87a terminal). When the alarm relay is energised that normally closed contact opens.
With the START relay circuit now open the engine is unable to crank. I'm sure if you refer back to the circuit diagram I'm sure you'll be able to follow how it works.
Got it.

When someone says something dumb about something auto electrical I correct them. It doesn't matter who it is.
Sorry to break it to you, but there is nothing special about you. Nothing at all.
Never mind. Talking to a brick.

Yeah, nothing special about me.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts