Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have oversized my 1997 hyundai tiburon wheel.before i was using silverstone 215x35x18 for the both rear n front till one of my front tyre lose psi when i cornering (about 60km/h) and cause the tyre burst.that time i use 30psi with nitrogen gas.then i change to nankang 225x45x18 (rear)and 225x40x18 (front) with 30psi of ordinary air.still i face the problem of losing the psi on 1 of front tyre when cornering but luckily i didn't burst the tyre.then i pump my 4-tyre with 35psi and keep check it in a week because if i forgot to add psi within 1-2 week, the tyre will lose all psi when i cornering.i have check my rims, tyres and valves in 3 different tyre shops but they could't fine any mistake or problem since the rim and tyre is still new.for your knowledge i use a brand new rim and tyre.anyone have any idea to help me so that i would't drive my hyundai tiburon home with punctured tyre anymore...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I would venture 30 psi is not enough to hold tire to wheel with the added load/traction when cornering hard.. I would never purposely keep or put 30 in a tire unless asked specifically to..

I would personally run 36-38 in them big tires, likely 44 max inflate anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.