Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heloo everyone, what do I have to watch or take care of? I am going to buy a Hyundai Terracan *CRDI 4WD 2006
In 2 days I am going there to pay and buy.... I did not see the car yet, that will happen in 2 days. The car has driven 56000 km
Hope it is a good choice,

regards
han (Norway)

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (Han @ Aug 25 2010, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351848
Heloo everyone, what do I have to watch or take care of? I am going to buy a Hyundai Terracan *CRDI 4WD 2006
In 2 days I am going there to pay and buy.... I did not see the car yet, that will happen in 2 days. The car has driven 56000 km
Hope it is a good choice,

regards
han (Norway)

Only 56 thou kms its pretty new for a Terracan. Ask owner for proof of maintenance. You want to know when was the last oil change and when was the last fuel filter change. The diesel filter is probably the most important maintenance item with any crdi diesel engine. In case of doubt, do not hesitate. Have this filter replaced. Do not be surprised. This filter is expensive, but replacement for it is about once every 20 to 30 thousand kms, depending on how dirty your diesel supplier is.

Besides this, a quick test drive will tell you if the brakes need a check up. Watch for smoke. No black smoke should come out of the exhaust except probably, at full acceleration when engine is above 3500 rpm, but even under this conditions, black smoke should be very little.

You do not say if its a manual or auto transmission. Either way, you will be very pleased with your purchase.

Of course, as with any used vehicle purchase, check for signs of major body repairs (paint color that looks slightly different, wavy reflections on doors, bonnet or rear gate, cracked bumpers, engine compartment paint that looks similar to outside paint... -engine compartment paint is usually dull and with no metal flake-).

Robert B

1 - 2 of 2 Posts