Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a chance to get one of the "official" Sunroof Wind Deflectors available for the '11 Sonata? I notice that hyundai.com recently began offering it as an accessory on the "Build Your Own" page.

I was curious if it one that mounts to the car using existing hardware, or is it like an aftermarket one that is drilled in with screws that can eventually rust over time?

·
1,914 Posts
We received a Sonata last week with the sunroof deflector from the port. It installed easily with the clips but I didn't care for the look of the new deflectors.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've been a ragtop convertible person for over 20 years, so the sunroof is very new to me.

Does the deflector make an appreciable difference or is it just for the look?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Aug 10 2010, 10:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348392
I've been a ragtop convertible person for over 20 years, so the sunroof is very new to me.

Does the deflector make an appreciable difference or is it just for the look?
Depending on how tall it is and how much of the initial opening it covers, its pretty effective. My complaint with them is that they tend to ruin paint even with proper care as debris and mismatched fading occurs.

That and they tend to ruin the lines of the car in my opinion. On my 01 maxima it was on from the dealer to my garage, taken off and has sat in the garage since.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the wind deflector. It seems pretty effective, but I cannot compare since I got it from the beginning.

I have a related question. Has anyone tried removing the deflector? Is it easy? Does it leave any visible holes in the roof?

I'm not sold on the looks, so I'd like to attempt removing it and then decide whether to keep it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just did. it's held in place by two screws hooked to the sunroof by two clips. two quick burst of the screwdriver and the screws were off. i like the car much better now. i like the looks of the car so much better now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
our car didn't come with one so I can't comment on it's effectiveness. I will say I've taken 2 off of other cars within a month of buying them, not sure what they are supposed to do but they never seem to cut down on wind noise or buffetting on or off and just add an ugly pimple to the top of the car :(

Get a little trunk lip wing if you want a visual add on :) Both will have about the same performance value

1 - 7 of 7 Posts