Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a huge N-Line admirer and it may very well be my next car in early 2022, as such I’ve been creeping these forums seeing what people who own the car have had to say and I feel the general consensus is “fantastic” overall. No car is perfect, same goes for the Sonata. But it is an excellent value for what it is.

with that said, no one has posted a picture yet of the “Night Edition” that’s coming but I snagged this one off Instagram since it was pretty clear.

What this version brings new with it has already been listed in other thread but I think I remember them:
  • Red accents (look at the front)
  • Special Hyundai emblems (see front, I think their dark chrome)
  • Special black Night Edition rims
  • Red painted brake calipers (no, not N performance brakes)
  • Carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler
  • Trim only available in black or white (very meh, as I like other colors too)

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
179 Posts
Wheels are pretty nice. Those red accent pieces are way too rice for me though. When I think of Night Edition though I kinda expect all the trim to be darker. Darker headlamps and dark chrome or black trim around the windows. I know the murdered look isn't for everyone, but if I had a black car it would be blacker than black lol. Hopefully it's not too pricey of a package considering most of this stuff can be done with some vinyl and paint.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The only thing I like about the night edition is the fact that they decided to go with the projector style led headlights. Other than that, the normal n-line is better imo.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
138 Posts
I’m a huge N-Line admirer and it may very well be my next car in early 2022, as such I’ve been creeping these forums seeing what people who own the car have had to say and I feel the general consensus is “fantastic” overall. No car is perfect, same goes for the Sonata. But it is an excellent value for what it is.

with that said, no one has posted a picture yet of the “Night Edition” that’s coming but I snagged this one off Instagram since it was pretty clear.

What this version brings new with it has already been listed in other thread but I think I remember them:
  • Red accents (look at the front)
  • Special Hyundai emblems (see front, I think their dark chrome)
  • Special black Night Edition rims
  • Red painted brake calipers (no, not N performance brakes)
  • Carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler
  • Trim only available in black or white (very meh, as I like other colors too)

View attachment 460392
I posted the video that had this in it a week or 2 ago (whenever they launched the Elantra N) and was wondering if thats what it was. Was just confused by "the black" naming on it. Looks cool. Too bad we prob wont get the projector headlights

·
Registered
Stormy Sea 2021 Sonata N-Line
86 Posts
The only thing I like about the night edition is the fact that they decided to go with the projector style led headlights. Other than that, the normal n-line is better imo.
This is a Korean N Line. My guess is when the Nights start popping up in the US they will not have the projector style lights. The US models lose all sorts of features everyone else gets on the N Line.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,024 Posts
This is what the US "Night Edition" gets:

Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) rear lip spoiler
Matte black 19-inch unique alloy wheels w/ CFRP center caps
Red brake calipers
Dark chrome front and rear badging
Matte black mirror cover and upper door handle covers (body color on Quartz White)

Source: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/...314-2022MYSonataDealerPriceSheet11Jun2021.pdf

The version called "The Black" is for the Korean market. Source: https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/releases/3352

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheels are pretty nice. Those red accent pieces are way too rice for me though. When I think of Night Edition though I kinda expect all the trim to be darker. Darker headlamps and dark chrome or black trim around the windows. I know the murdered look isn't for everyone, but if I had a black car it would be blacker than black lol. Hopefully it's not too pricey of a package considering most of this stuff can be done with some vinyl and paint.
I honestly don’t think the red is that “rice” because that’s pretty much the extent of it, just those front accent pieces.

I think the pricing will basically be the same as the standard N-Line, maybe an extra $1k or so, if I had to guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The suggested retail price of the 2022 Sonata N-Line Night Edition is US$35,755, including a destination fee of US$1,005.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As others have said, that is not what the US will get, spec-wise. We won't get the same lights and I doubt the red markings will be on the production version.

I just did a search nationwide, no 2022 Night Editions out yet. I did see a lot of 2022 N Lines though. The lowest priced one is close by but is out of state for me. At the same dealer I bought my '16 Sonata PHEV Limited from. New 2022 Hyundai Sonata N Line For Sale $33,186 | Cars.com Not too bad. Advertised price includes doc fee and uses the $500 cash off for going with the Hyundai std finance rate. Just go with it and then refinance before you even pay your first payment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As others have said, that is not what the US will get, spec-wise. We won't get the same lights and I doubt the red markings will be on the production version.

I just did a search nationwide, no 2022 Night Editions out yet. I did see a lot of 2022 N Lines though. The lowest priced one is close by but is out of state for me. At the same dealer I bought my '16 Sonata PHEV Limited from. New 2022 Hyundai Sonata N Line For Sale $33,186 | Cars.com Not too bad. Advertised price includes doc fee and uses the $500 cash off for going with the Hyundai std finance rate. Just go with it and then refinance before you even pay your first payment.
I know we don’t get the exact spec in the photo, we never do. That is the KDM version and we’ve always gotten a neutered version compared to the rest of the world. We do however get some of the things on the exterior as I called out in my original post. Either way, I think it looks good!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I am seriously considering 2022 N-line Sonata and like the Night Package you posted as I already decided to continue with Black as it reduces the catfish grill appearance dramatically. I really hope somehow the LED Lights make it to the USA.

Otherwise, I may start looking at Elantra N

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree on the trim to be darker. Actually it is too bad all of the trim on all colors is not color coded or available as color coded. The chrome color just does not do it for me.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,992 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I am seriously considering 2022 N-line Sonata and like the Night Package you posted as I already decided to continue with Black as it reduces the catfish grill appearance dramatically. I really hope somehow the LED Lights make it to the USA.

Otherwise, I may start looking at Elantra N
If you dont need the room of the Sonata Id wait for the Elantra N. The new body style of the Elantra looks very much like a smaller version Sonata to me. It is supposed to be a full "N" not N Line and will have a lot more performance (286 hp in a smaller lighter car) it features LDS and different suspension like the Veloster N.

With an estimated price of $ 30,000

1 - 14 of 14 Posts