Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited. I have been having issues with it for the past couple months. I first started hearing a weird metal type grinding noise when I would be hitting the brakes. It would only occur when I am slowing down under 10 MPH. It only happens sometimes and I feel like
It is more likely to happen when I have more people in the car. It would sound very bad and most the time I would be able to also feel it. I took it into a shop and they told me it could be dust from the brake pads but I feel like it is something much worse with the way it is sounding. They said it wasn’t the brake pads so I really don’t know what it could be. Also with the media player, the volume sign has literally vanished from the top right corner so I can’t listen to any type of music whether it is XM, Radio, or aux. When I press sound, everything is cornered out. I don’t know where to take it because the Hyundai Mechanic wants to charge me close to 2,500 to replace it with a new one. I don’t know if it’s a stereo issue or what. I don’t know if anybody has had any of these issues happen to them but if so, please give me some insight as money is kind of tight at the moment being a college student. Thanks.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Suspension issues can cause braking problems. Does it pull when it happens?
If a reset of the audio system doesn't fix the problem you probably need to replace it. Not cheap. I doubt a reset will do it but hey it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Suspension issues can cause braking problems. Does it pull when it happens?
If a reset of the audio system doesn't fix the problem you probably need to replace it. Not cheap. I doubt a reset will do it but hey it's worth a shot.
You will be surprised on how many have done a reset here in the forum and it has worked. Some times it has not, but it is free!

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
You will be surprised on how many have done a reset here in the forum and it has worked. Some times it has not, but it is free!

It's always worth a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts