Hyundai Forums banner

Hyundai Service Website becoming a paid subscription site

36K views 81 replies 51 participants last post by  HarryGh 
#1 ·
Just got this notice when logging in-

NOTICE: Beginning December 20, 2013, access to Hyundai Service Information on this site will require a paid subscription. Registration and pricing information will be available at that time.
Hopefully the fee will be reasonable for the individual car owner.

#5 ·
Logged into the site this morning to look something up and got a notice saying that beginning 20 December is will become a paid subscription website and pricing information will be available at the time.

Just wanted to let as many people know as possible.

#6 ·
#9 ·
The kia version of the site had the same notice earlier this fall for a November cut-off date but is still accessible.

#10 ·
I just did it using a 5yr old FREE login I made, pop-up blurb about "paid subscription",,

Wont bother me, I can login as any dealer I want for FREE......

#17 ·
Wont bother me, I can login as any dealer I want for FREE......
Nice perk! :thumbsup: And your other diagnostic sources and tools available to you are immeasurable! "Sometimes, it's good to be the King" ;)

#18 ·
The global "service way" website, the equivalent for Europe, is already using paid registration. You can choose to buy a 24h access.

I don't mind if we pay and we can access more up-to-date firmware updates, install instructions, TSBs... These are always out-of-date on the USA website.

Until Dec.20 you can download the content using HtTrack website downloader and some tweaking with cookies and such.

#19 ·
I don't work on my own car, but I like the extra detail that is missing in the owner's manual, and I have checked for TSBs a few times. I wish TSBs would stay public. On my first service visit, they performed one and it wasn't on the service receipt. If there's no free access to TSBs, I'll have to start asking every visit what they did, and why.

#20 · (Edited)
I think this change is unfortunate too, but it is relatively rare in the car business to offer service information like Hyundai has been doing for free. Dealers hate this - it cuts into their business. So this takeaway is returning Hyundai more to the status quo for the industry in general.

It will be interesting what they charge - I suspect it will be prohibitively expensive for the average, one-Hyundai garage, need it now and then, DIY'er.

Personally, I like Honda's model the best - publish a comprehensive, paper, readily-available, DIY, OEM service manual and charge a reasonable cost. I paid $55 for one for my Pilot and it is 3" thick and extremely comprehensive - much higher quality than anything I've seen from Hyundai. I don't mind paying for something like this.

- Mark

#22 ·
Unless this fee is very, very reasonable this move will make me rethink buying another Hyundai ...
It's kind of a shame since they somewhat force you to go to dubious russian websites go get information.
Let's see how much they want to charge and then decide.

#25 ·
Me thinks the warranty and recalls is killing them, so they need to tap an untapped source of income to help cover some of their other costs ?

#28 ·
New site is a disaster I think as far as TSB index currently.. it is all messed up and out of order for numerical order..

#32 · (Edited)
I liked having access to the whole DTC system for my YF and TSB's. :sadface

Edit: got a username and password,

I agree with SBR. I could care less about the layout, its nasty

#34 ·
Says you need IE8 for it to work. I have IE9 32 bit currently on my Win 7 PRO 64 bit OS and it will not load after I put in my username and password. Downloaded IE 8 32 bit and it will not load on my Win 7 64 bit OS. Downloaded IE 8 64 bit and it will not load on my OS. I had just got the IE 9 32 bit to work with the Hyundai site a month or so ago on this computer.

Back to the XP machine with IE8 and 32 bit. It didn't like my old account. So I set up a new one and logged in. There I have to choose a payment and service option. If I don't then it won't let me do anything and gives me the boot back to the log in screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.