Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK-let's take a look at what is implied by the OP
A company (Hyundai) is making changes to stay competitive in the Ultra competitive CUV segment. I bought last years model. When I bought it-I liked the way it looked and thought it a decent value equation. When the new model comes out-I will still have a nice looking vehicle that runs/drives exactly the way it did before. A vehicle is a depreciating asset (most times) no matter what happens in the future. Before sounding off like this-go to KBB.com and look at the trade in values between model changes and note the difference on a comparable equipped vehicle and let us the difference in price in one model year-after a change over. You need to educate yourself because I already know the answer to this question. And you don't.

·
Registered
201 Posts
After just two short years, Hyundai is redesigning the Santa Fe for 2021. I’ve seen the photos, and they’re very impressive. The Santa Fe will have an upscale interior along the lines of the Palisade with a larger 10.25 infotainment screen available on the highest trim. The front and rear will also be redesigned making the car look a lot more upscale. This is great news unless you have a 2019 or 2020 Santa Fe. I got my 2020 Santa Fe thinking it would be updated in a few years. If I had known it would be redesigned so soon, I never would have bought it. Hyundai really screwed it’s customers. After I get rid of this Santa Fe, no more HyundaI cars for me!
Car manufactures have always done this not just Hyundai. I don’t think Hyundai said let’s screw everyone that bought a 2019/2020 Santa Fa and update the 2021. You should have done some research before you bought it as most manufacturers have something leaked several months before they hit the market. Stop blaming Hyundai because you didn‘t do your homework.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In all honesty, I don’t think they screwed us, I think we screwed them. If I bought a 2021 mode now, I would be paying a lot more for the same feature.
I bought an ultimate 2.0 awd for 34.5k when it first came out. Now if I get a limited I wouldn’t get the same deal pranks pay closer to 40k. I do think the new engine is a good choice. But at least Hyundai is giving us lifetime warranty on our theta 2 engines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, for us the integrated in-console screen is much more appealing then the stick up one. Also the new trim levels in the Santa Fe do not come with wood grain anymore which is what we really like. I picked up a 2018 CPO with 25K on it and really like it. If you wait until the latest, then you will always justify waiting one more year!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts