Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just two short years, Hyundai is redesigning the Santa Fe for 2021. I’ve seen the photos, and they’re very impressive. The Santa Fe will have an upscale interior along the lines of the Palisade with a larger 10.25 infotainment screen available on the highest trim. The front and rear will also be redesigned making the car look a lot more upscale. This is great news unless you have a 2019 or 2020 Santa Fe. I got my 2020 Santa Fe thinking it would be updated in a few years. If I had known it would be redesigned so soon, I never would have bought it. Hyundai really screwed it’s customers. After I get rid of this Santa Fe, no more HyundaI cars for me!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Hyundai has been making changes about every 2 years for a while now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some dealers I spoke with didn’t know about the new 2021 Santa Fe while others did. The ones who knew were willing to sell the 2020 Santa Fe and rip off their customers with a soon-to-be obsolete car. The consumer has to really be informed these days. I got my Santa Fe in March just before the virus shutdown. The new 2021 Santa Fe just announced a few days ago. If I only knew would have avoided this turd!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Did they offer you a substantial Rebate/Money Back? Thats usually a good sign things are changing... When my wife bought her 2016 Elantra in 2015, it had a $3000 dollar rebate on it..The following year when I bought my 17 elantra (which was a complete re-design), they were only offering 750 back, I was looking at them but wasnt fully ready to buy yet, and said, Im gonna hold off to see if the summer deal that my wife got last year comes in.. They said, no that was due to end of line model.. and FYI, your 2020 isnt obsolete, its still a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I did get a great deal on my 2020 Santa Fe limited. And it will be obsolete as soon as the 2021 comes out by the end of this year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to say I have been more dissatisfied with the 2020 Santa Fe than any other vehicle I have owned. I guess you just live and learn!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why are you dissatisfied because a new model is coming out or because your having problems or you just don't like. Hyundai did nothing wrong by bring a new product next year. They sold you exactly what you paid for a 2020 SantaFe.

·
Registered
833 Posts
a larger 10.25 infotainment screen available
I hate those big screens! It's a car, not an Ipad!
Unless there's a way to make it go dark, I'd have to fashion a cover for night driving.
Besides that, I never buy the first year of a re-design.
I'll let someone else be the guinea pig and deal with bugs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After just two short years, Hyundai is redesigning the Santa Fe for 2021. I’ve seen the photos, and they’re very impressive. The Santa Fe will have an upscale interior along the lines of the Palisade with a larger 10.25 infotainment screen available on the highest trim. The front and rear will also be redesigned making the car look a lot more upscale. This is great news unless you have a 2019 or 2020 Santa Fe. I got my 2020 Santa Fe thinking it would be updated in a few years. If I had known it would be redesigned so soon, I never would have bought it. Hyundai really screwed it’s customers. After I get rid of this Santa Fe, no more HyundaI cars for me!

to be honest? I still like the 2019-2020 models. I don’t like the facelift of the 2021 looks like a crossed eyed facia let’s be honest. But what I like is the new interior especially that center console. That’s neat no question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree that the 2019-2020 Santa Fe is a nice car. Hyundai is probably trying to keep up with the competition by redesigning the Santa Fe so soon. I can't blame Hyundai for that. It's a good business decision on their part. Manufacturers are updating their cars a lot sooner now. I agree with an earlier post that redesigns usually have bugs that need to be addressed. That's part of the reason why I waited to get the 2020 Santa Fe and not a 2019. I expected it to be redesigned maybe in 2024. I would have waited another year had I know it would be redesigned for 2021!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts