Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I brought my car to get hail damage worked on. When I received my car back the battery was completely dead and there was no sound coming from any of the speakers. I replaced the battery, tried reseting the radio, tried unplugging the negative cable for 15 min, etc. I brought i back into the shop and they said none of the fuses were blown and that the cords were fine. They believe I needed to replace my amp. I bought an amp but now I can't find the location of the amp. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where this would be?

Thanks!

Rylie

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My bad, I should have included the image below, yesterday. :) Yes, the seat needs to come out. Maybe not absolutely necessary but it certainly makes for easier removal / installation of the amp. Let us know if the replacement you bought fixes the problem!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If the yahoos were dumb enough to not disconnect the battery when having your car (for how long) why would you believe them telling you to replace the amp?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My amp was draining the battery too on my '14. Bought one and replaced it myself, no seat removal necessary; just ran the seat all the way forward to reach the back screws, then all the way back to get the front ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You might need to just hit the reset button on the front of the radio. From time to time I need to reset it because I lose all sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts