Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm writing to you on behalf of my father who purchased a Santa fe 2013 2.0t In may but he has a big fuel consumption problem. My father doesn't drive on highways and did around 5000km so far but only was able to consume 18l/100km and not lower. We are wondering if it's normal for this vehicle to consume this much because we are very disappointed. Hyundai claims that it is normal and refuses to verify the vehicle for defect. He did use the highway once for a 3 hrs trip and the consumption dropped to 9l /100km but since then never again. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
suggest you read the other gas mileage threads - varying perspectives/experiences with gas mpg. I have the 2.0T AWD and if you come across my threads I'm squarely in the "it's a little piggy" corner.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Like dtech said, many threads on this subject but bottom line is: Yes, the 2.0T AWD is bad for fuel consumption. Whatever Hyundai said it could do, it's a lie. I've tried driving mine like a grandma and it still only gives me 17 to 18 mpg combined. If I drive city only then it's about 15 mpg. Highway is better, around 21, 22 tops. All this, of course, manually calculated because the computer also lies about it and looks better than reality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts