Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,225 Posts
Whats up with Azera sales? <1k for November
The price is too close to the Genesis is the reason. And it's not that much more car than the top line Sonata. They should probably rebadge it the Sonata "Extra" or something like that and cut the price. It's the answer to a question nobody asked.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The price is too close to the Genesis is the reason. And it's not that much more car than the top line Sonata. They should probably rebadge it the Sonata "Extra" or something like that and cut the price. It's the answer to a question nobody asked.
I have to agree with that, it even looks a bit like the sonata. I have a black Sonata SE with chrome molding on the bottom of the doors and some guy approached my car last week thinking it was his wife's car lol. He said she has a black Azera that looks like my car. I wasn't really sure how a Azera looked so i Google searched some pics and it does somewhat resemble a Sonata especially if you have chrome molding under the doors. I could see why it wouldn't be selling well if the price is close to a Genesis.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree on how the 2 cars look similiar. Put them side by side and there is a huge difference.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I agree on how the 2 cars look similiar. Put them side by side and there is a huge difference.
Yes you're right side by side but i can see where someone could mistake the two at a quick glance but it shouldn't be that way. If i had an Azera i wouldn't want it mistaken for a far less expensive car. First pic Azera and then my Sonata.
1386256133187.jpg 1386256165634.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
116 Posts
"Not much more car than the Sonata"??? Apparently you haven't drove both or sat in the Azera. Like comparing a Camry to an Avalon. Although I will agree they do "look" alike. They indeed are nothing alike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts