Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an accident that cost me my car's rear lower bumper/skirting.. The whole thing broke half in the middle and came off,isit fixable or anyone knows where to get a new one?? Cause I really like the lower bumper,and I wanna at least fix it or replace a new one.. Or maybe I can replace it with the RX-5 model's? Please help and thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (Jou Valentine @ Oct 8 2010, 08:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362082
I had an accident that cost me my car's rear lower bumper/skirting.. The whole thing broke half in the middle and came off,isit fixable or anyone knows where to get a new one?? Cause I really like the lower bumper,and I wanna at least fix it or replace a new one.. Or maybe I can replace it with the RX-5 model's? Please help and thanks!
The plastic used on bumpers, fenders, etc, can be easily "fused" using the right solvent - it's like fusing the parts of a plastic model together, just a lot bigger. There are various solvents you could use and to see what's available in your area check with some local body shops or auto paint suppliers -either could recommend what's available locally to solve your problem. If you use this method, do it in a well ventilated area. You could also use heat to melt the pieces together - this is more difficult & you could destroy the bumper just as easily as fuse it if you haven't done anything like this before.

Alternatively, you could check with local auto salvage yards to see who has bumpers available for that vintage.h

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Alfons @ Oct 9 2010, 08:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362091
The plastic used on bumpers, fenders, etc, can be easily "fused" using the right solvent - it's like fusing the parts of a plastic model together, just a lot bigger. There are various solvents you could use and to see what's available in your area check with some local body shops or auto paint suppliers -either could recommend what's available locally to solve your problem. If you use this method, do it in a well ventilated area. You could also use heat to melt the pieces together - this is more difficult & you could destroy the bumper just as easily as fuse it if you haven't done anything like this before.

Alternatively, you could check with local auto salvage yards to see who has bumpers available for that vintage.h
Ooooh really?I'm so glad to hear that.. Maybe there's still hopes of not needing to get a new one afterall.. I'm gonna bring it to a shop soon.. Thanks for the suggestion by the way,I'll try asking the shops..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts