Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Lowest cost, but doesn't make their top picks. And people wonder why these test are "skewed".

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Familiar refrain, top tier are consistently Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Acura. All else are also rans.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Cost is used because US consumers are clueless cheapskates.

I would rather have a "reliable vehicle" needing no repairs when compared to one that is cheap to repair(constantly).

My Kia/Hyundai needed too many repairs too frequently. My Toyotas/Mazdas/Nissans were reliable and didn't need repairs at 3x the odometer mileage when compared to my Kia/Hyundai products.

Magazine/Newspaper auto articles are useless. Any data can be adjusted by a statistician to make any brand look good/bad cheap/expensive.... Many articles are just fanboy advertisements and why I despise most of those monthly magazine reviewers.

I wonder if cost considers the days out of work for recall and warranty repairs. Could've bought a new car already with money lost waiting! Economically speaking, I'll pay $10k more for a Honda/Toyota/Lexus/Nissan/Infinity/Acura and be better off financially over 5 years of vehicle ownership. Seriously tempted by the $10k discounted leftover 2017 Sonatas/SantaFe's on the dealer lots but don't want another taste of failure and automaker denial until class actions show up to assist the consumers.

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Cost is used because US consumers are clueless cheapskates.

I would rather have a "reliable vehicle" needing no repairs when compared to one that is cheap to repair(constantly).

My Kia/Hyundai needed too many repairs too frequently. My Toyotas/Mazdas/Nissans were reliable and didn't need repairs at 3x the odometer mileage when compared to my Kia/Hyundai products.

Magazine/Newspaper auto articles are useless. Any data can be adjusted by a statistician to make any brand look good/bad cheap/expensive.... Many articles are just fanboy advertisements and why I despise most of those monthly magazine reviewers.

I wonder if cost considers the days out of work for recall and warranty repairs. Could've bought a new car already with money lost waiting! Economically speaking, I'll pay $10k more for a Honda/Toyota/Lexus/Nissan/Infinity/Acura and be better off financially over 5 years of vehicle ownership. Seriously tempted by the $10k discounted leftover 2017 Sonatas/SantaFe's on the dealer lots but don't want another taste of failure and automaker denial until class actions show up to assist the consumers.
What you say about magazines is true, however, I find my Accent to be as well-built as any Corolla I ever owned...well, one exception, maybe...
<======That one was a gem...

However, I never ever had to replace a wheel bearing in a Corolla, except when the GTS was stolen and they yanked the jack out from under the passenger's side. I did have to do them in the front on an old Celica I bought, but they were simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts