Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any opinions on the idea of doing a Hyundai rally event through the east coast or central parts of the US? It could be organized to pass through a couple tracks, drag strips and light off road areas for everyone to have an opportunity for fun and pictures with like minded people and the only cost is for fuel, food, and lodging at the participants own discretion. I would also be willing to personally contribute for honorable mentions and trophies to be awarded to those with special distinctions like fastest lap times or best looking show car, ect. If I receive enough positive feedback I will also invest into the making of a web site to assist in organizing and RSVP-ing for the event.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far work has already started on building the site. The name of the rally is W.A.R for world auto rally. I have also acquired a film crew and hope to do a limited test run close to the end of this summer for the making of a commercial and establishing the logistics. There unfortunately will have to be an entry fee of around $500 to reserve tracks and organizing but this cost will be offset by the package deals that im negotiating with a few different hotel chains and by working around other expenses. I plan to have a lot of nice incentives with this run including a full service support vehicle, a complimentary road runner package which includes a car wrap with decals as well as a radio and a cobra radar detector with vouchers and coupons to all restaurants, shops and attractions along the route . I have a more detailed plan which I may post here soon but I am at the moment still considering offers for anyone that wants to join in on the test run and get involved in the rally. These people may be showcased in the advert and will be considered for accepting a staff position for which if they are elected will be compensated for time and effort. And for the sake of being inclusive, this rally will no longer be specific to kdm although there will be a kdm team within the event.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sadly the fee doesn't cover the hotels its going to reserving the rally events and logistics but im negotiating reduced rates with hotels that throughout you would save on the total trip. The fee will be per car, and to help because its a lot, there will be a program where $25 will be either discounted or reimbursed for every car you refer into the rally up to a maximum of $250.

·
22,787 Posts
Man, I'm sitting here in the great Southwest, salivating at this proposition on the Eastern seaboard. That could really be some great fun! Guess I planned my trip to Virginia, a bit too soon! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the concept idea for the aforementioned homepage of the site. If anyone has any idea or considerations for the layout, I would definitely appreciate the input.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Once you get it up and going, we can try to get sponsors for it to lower costs of vinyls and stuff. Is it going to be a KDM exclusive thing or can anyone join? I might have friends that would be interested

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Genral info

Attached is a slightly more detailed plan for the rally if anyone has questions about whats on it please feel free to contact me by this forum or email. Also, the filming for the event commercial will start by next week so I can finish the site and get it online. anyone who wants to be involved please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its looking like around two months from now, but the best answer is a month after the video is finished with the web and posted

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay i finally got enough set up that i will soon be posting a per-registration form for the limited summer 2014 run,in it will be the comprehensive itinerary with accurate forcasted costs for the entire trip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts