Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)
Hi all/:My daughter recently bought a 2004 Santa Fe loaded for use in the far north (Pickle Lake Ontario )a one days drive north from Thunderbay.

So far she seems quite happy with it ,especaily the 4 wheel drive ability.

However I thought they were a little greedy when they charged her $300.00 Canadian to install a block heater ? which is a NECCESITY UP THERE WHEN TEMPS GO BELOW -45*c.

I just wondered how well Hyundai stand behind their warranty?< or do they give a lot of excuses like Chrysler does and give the vehicle the "sunshine treatment" to fix any problems?

I have been driving all types of motor vehicles for the last 55 years and am now driving a `92 Honda Accord with 266,000 k on it and it still runs very well . (2nd Accord, first one was totalled by a 72 year old retard)Starts every day no problem even in -35*C weather which we experience here in SOUTHERN ONTARIO (HAMILTON)

Yes it uses about a liter of oil on the highway but thats to be expected.And it costs me about $1000.00 Canadian a year for normal maintenenc and wear out items .

This year I put in new timing belt ,water pump ,engine seals, filters,fresh tranny oil, front end alignment,etc.and an upper left ball joint for about $1200.00 Canadian.

MY question is this :? Do Hyundais cost as much as a Honda to maintain at this mileage ?As I am thinking of buying a Santa Fe.6 auto with 4 wheel drive.

And do they stand behind their warranty without any argument ?
Any responses appreciated and thanks in advance
Ed

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
YES & YES,
Hyundai parts are less costly then Honda, and labour cost is reasonable as well (depending on the dealer's location & overheads).
Hyundai stands 100% behind theyr warranty, as long as the maintenance is maintained.
My old 1990 Sonata 2.4 4-cylinder ran for 436K km without engine repair, and used +-1.5ltr in 5000km (using Castrol Syntec 5W50 oil). I now drive a Y2K Sonata 2.5ltr V6, and already have 110K km on it. When My steering wkeel showed signs of discolouration at +-40K km, it was replaced under warranty without BUHAHA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts