1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you read the whole post? They were put on notice because of the wording on their website, but that wording has since been updated and therefore the situation has been resolved

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did read it.Some dealers have taken advantage of people in warranty situations in the past. With this,I would think they would use better judgement where it is clear that a warranty claim should not be denied.Let's hope so anyway.

Reactions: NDSE

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
There was a Pontiac/GMC dealer in Austin TX years ago that would tack a $50 "diagnostic fee" on every car that rolled into the shop, warranty or otherwise. Pay the $50 or don't get your car back. I challenged them on it and was told by the service manager "yeah, you may be right, but you ain't getting your car back until a judge says I gotta give it back, or you pay $50." They lost their franchise long before Pontiac was shut down.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
What has not been resolved is how some owner's had issues with warranty work being paid for.

I do not want to use the dealership or use only Hyundai OEM parts (the OEM oil filter) out of fear. I prefer a relationship which is best for my car and myself. Since I change my own oil and will use a Fram XG9688 filter I feel less venerable after this was clarified by Hyundai.

·
Registered
459 Posts
What has not been resolved is how some owner's had issues with warranty work being paid for.

I do not want to use the dealership or use only Hyundai OEM parts (the OEM oil filter) out of fear. I prefer a relationship which is best for my car and myself. Since I change my own oil and will use a Fram XG9688 filter I feel less venerable after this was clarified by Hyundai.
This is not about "venerability", this is all about responsibility.
Once you use your oil and your filter, you're taking responsibility for them, and for them only. Just make sure your oil is not that from olives.

·
Registered
156 Posts
imo, Japonk is a waste of time. Most of their articles are days behind the other reporters and all they do is put a 20yr old douchebag twist on everything. They put WAY to much 'fluff' in their articles.

·
Registered
100 Posts
imo, Japonk is a waste of time. Most of their articles are days behind the other reporters and all they do is put a 20yr old douchebag twist on everything. They put WAY to much 'fluff' in their articles.
I don't know what's so "fluffy" about the following paragraphs from the article

"the Federal Trade Commission warned the company that its warranty may be illegal because it appears to void out if owners don’t use Hyundai’s own parts.

The FTC said in a press release that it recently sent warnings to six major companies because of “concerns about the companies’ statements that consumers must use specified parts or service providers to keep their warranties intact.”

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
This is not about "venerability", this is all about responsibility.
Once you use your oil and your filter, you're taking responsibility for them, and for them only. Just make sure your oil is not that from olives.

After changing oil 42 years I am used to that responsibility and have not had major problems. The worst thing that happened was stripping the oil drain plug on a Pinto. Using Chevron Supreme, Pennzoil Platinum, and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in my Elantra. I thought the Italian cars used olive oil. :grin2:

What bothers me is when Hyundai has not taken responsibility. If I need warranty work I need them to be fair and own up when they screw up. Responsibility works both ways.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't know what's so "fluffy" about the following paragraphs from the article

"the Federal Trade Commission warned the company that its warranty may be illegal because it appears to void out if owners don’t use Hyundai’s own parts.

The FTC said in a press release that it recently sent warnings to six major companies because of “concerns about the companies’ statements that consumers must use specified parts or service providers to keep their warranties intact.”
For some, dissing 20-year-olds is a habit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There was a Pontiac/GMC dealer in Austin TX years ago that would tack a $50 "diagnostic fee" on every car that rolled into the shop, warranty or otherwise. Pay the $50 or don't get your car back. I challenged them on it and was told by the service manager "yeah, you may be right, but you ain't getting your car back until a judge says I gotta give it back, or you pay $50." They lost their franchise long before Pontiac was shut down.

**** i would had called GM and filed so many complaints , the dealer would had gave me 50 to get rid of me

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
**** i would had called GM and filed so many complaints , the dealer would had gave me 50 to get rid of me
I did call. And when I told them the name of the dealer I was told "there are numerous issues with that dealership."

Not long after they lost their franchise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts