Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know why some hyundais with power door locks, even if you use the key or remote button why do all the doors unlock. It is nice to have keyless entry but it is kinda dangerous when all the doors unlock all at once, I noticed that they improved the power door locks in the tuscon and XG350. Do koreans cars use cheap central locking systems

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have noticed that korean cars that have power door locks do that, you when use the key or remote all the door unlocks. i drive a 1998 sonata base model which does not have power locks,windows and mirrors. Most cars have a power door locking system when you press the remote or turn the key only one door unlocks,press the button or turn the key twice all doors unlock instead of all door locks at once.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having that probleam with my 2001 Sonata but a little worst it wont opend the locks from the drivers side using the key and inside the drivers side will not fully lock or all lock will unlock at once when I try to put the lock from the drivers side. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
as from 2002, only the drivers door will unlock, and a a 2nd key twist or press on the remote button will unlock all other doors.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by duke@Dec 24 2004, 03:14 AM
as from 2002, only the drivers door will unlock, and a a 2nd key twist or press on the remote button will unlock all other doors.
[snapback]4023[/snapback]​

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My grand father rented a 2003 hyundai soanta when you press thew remote all the doors unlock at the same time, i have witnessed it myself i have used the key and all the doors still unlock at the saME TIME.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Excel doesn't have power locks but my Jeep and my wifes 95 Avenger do and all the doors unlock simaltaneously when button is pressed so it is not limited to Korean cars .FYI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts