Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good day gents! I am happy as a pig in sh!t to report - I pulled all the back row seats and compartments out,
I was able to bypass the relay,

and check the power at the pump.

I'm pleased to report that I have power there, so bad pump!
@AUTOSPARK - thank you so much for finding that video! That was a great help!
Since I have everything open, I'm going to replace my fuel level senders too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I took a half day today and was able to get out to the truck and play around a bit...
Out with the old...

in with the new...

And changed out the level sub-sender unit, I mean, since I was there!

To be honest - this was the hardest part! The access port for the sub-sender was off-center, as you can see. Which made getting to everything a major pain in the ass! The return line's clip - was inserted from the bottom up! And there is absolutely minimal clearance to pop it out and not destroy it to remove that line! Add to it, that line turns immediate 90 degrees and it up against the body/sub-body. There's only a few millimeters to wiggle with!

Anyways! All put back together, only broke two fuel line clips, but they were generic enough to get at Advanced Auto, she's all back together and running! Here a quick 0:06 sec video.
Thank you all who provided guidance!

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Great news. Thanks for the update.
How strange to replace the TPS and get a no start?
Turned out to be a bad fuel pump.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah... really weird, since the codes in the original title were what I got. Maybe as the car was sputtering from lack of gas, faulty signals from the TPS were being sent back?!?! Dunno, but she's running well! I'll try to take back the TPS, if they'll take back an electronic part. Sometimes they don't!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And thanks for taking the time to snap a few pics along the way too (y)
I do that for two reasons:
  1. I'm nerdy and will usually do a write up if I don't find one so's to help others
  2. it helps me remember what it supposed to look like, in case I walk away, frustrated and can't get to it for a few days!
LOL!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts