Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through my maintenance records to get the P/N for the OEM Hyundai oil filter so I could order some online and noticed the part number has changed...  Last oil change, I had a shop do it for me using the OEM filter I bought at the dealer.  The dealer gave me a 26300-35503.  Looking back, the previous couple of changes (done at the dealer) also had that number.  However, from the beginning up until that point the dealers were putting 26300-35502's on it according to my paperwork.  

Just wondering what the difference between the two is, if anything.  Slight product revision?  I found the 35502 online, Hyundai's not going to void my warranty if I buy those instead of the 35503 now, are they? :p

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am curious too.Since they not only shut down my dealership,but also the next closest one ,I will be changing my own .The alternative is driving about 60 miles for an oil change.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ May 4 2009, 07:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=233997
I was looking through my maintenance records to get the P/N for the OEM Hyundai oil filter so I could order some online and noticed the part number has changed...  Last oil change, I had a shop do it for me using the OEM filter I bought at the dealer.  The dealer gave me a 26300-35503.  Looking back, the previous couple of changes (done at the dealer) also had that number.  However, from the beginning up until that point the dealers were putting 26300-35502's on it according to my paperwork.  

Just wondering what the difference between the two is, if anything.  Slight product revision?  I found the 35502 online, Hyundai's not going to void my warranty if I buy those instead of the 35503 now, are they? :p

·
Registered
550 Posts
I found the same thing with a 99 elantra , two different filter numbers same engine . The only change was the size the new filter was smaller than the old one . I used the old number filter because i figure that if you have bigger filter with more oil in it that when you cold start the car there is more oil getting to the top of the engine sooner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check the TSB's. IIthink there is one that says the only difference is that the higher P/N adds "KIA" to it's labeling.

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE (enor101 @ May 6 2009, 05:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=234451
Check the TSB's. IIthink there is one that says the only difference is that the higher P/N adds "KIA" to it's labeling.
That's 100% correct. BTW, the OEM filters are built like tanks and are not that much more money than aftermarket filters (including crappy Frams).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just get a delco (1127) or wix (51334) filter... same crap, half the price. They cannot void warranty if you use an aftermarket filter. Every time I change my oil it costs me $11 with the wix filter, buck or two more with delco or penzoil.

·
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use AC Delco's on my wife's GM (and used them on every other GM car I've had.)  They are good filters.

Hyundais are picky though (and there is a TSB about it) with loud knocks at startup that are directly attributed to aftermarket oil filters.  They didn't specify a particular brand that causes problems (probably some Fram if I had to guess) but I'd rather not take a chance anyway.

Hyundai's dealers down here (at least the ones I've been to) treat their customers like crap and will threaten to void the warranty over ANYTHING.  "Oh, we're sorry, but you neglected to retorque your 710 cap at the 30,000 mile service and you did not use genuine Hyundai blinker fluid, so you're putting your warranty at risk!"  They can be shady and I'd rather not give them any more ammo to use against me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ May 8 2009, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=234839
I use AC Delco's on my wife's GM (and used them on every other GM car I've had.)  They are good filters.

Hyundais are picky though (and there is a TSB about it) with loud knocks at startup that are directly attributed to aftermarket oil filters.  They didn't specify a particular brand that causes problems (probably some Fram if I had to guess) but I'd rather not take a chance anyway.

Hyundai's dealers down here (at least the ones I've been to) treat their customers like crap and will threaten to void the warranty over ANYTHING.  "Oh, we're sorry, but you neglected to retorque your 710 cap at the 30,000 mile service and you did not use genuine Hyundai blinker fluid, so you're putting your warranty at risk!"  They can be shady and I'd rather not give them any more ammo to use against me.
That TSB was squarely aimed at the Fram PH6607 filter and the Elantra's 2.0 Beta engine. Plus, car companies cannot legally deny your warranty claim if you are using aftermarket parts on your vehicle that meet oem specifications. I prefer the oem filter, but the Delco filters are well made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts