Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 2019 Nexo Limited for a while now and mostly love it; but have had two major issues. Anyone else had these issues?

1) The vehicle generally only fills to 85% capacity so I'm getting nowhere near the promised range.

2) The reverse / back up beeping sound is incredibly annoying. When I back out of my driveway early in the morning it wakes and annoys my immediate neighbors. Has anyone found a way to lower this or turn it off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are currently only gas stations in California and Hawaii I believe. Although you find plenty of stations in countries overseas, the US has been slower to adopt.

A good website for tracking new gas stations and availability at existing is:
Stations Map | California Fuel Cell Partnership

Both Hyundai and Toyota currently offer free preloaded fuel cards so the fuel cost savings helps offset initial vehicle cost (i’d imagine that will remain in place until adoption spreads).

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Were still miles behind here with no refueling stations in Sydney. Hyundai are talking of only leasing the cars but who knows their real intentions. If you were to pay for the fuel whats the cost and how far can the car travel per litre/gallon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were still miles behind here with no refueling stations in Sydney. Hyundai are talking of only leasing the cars but who knows their real intentions. If you were to pay for the fuel whats the cost and how far can the car travel per litre/gallon.
I haven't done that exact math yet but did read that, "Most of the fuel-cell vehicles coming to market in the next few years will be able to deliver close to 70 miles per kilogram of fuel. That's the equivalent of 70 miles per gallon. There is no (widely) established retail price for hydrogen fuel, but most suppliers say $10 per kilogram is about right for the early days of low-volume sales."*

I know the price is already falling as adoption is spiking but we'll see.

*Source = 8 Things You Need To Know About Hydrogen Fuel-Cell Cars | Edmunds

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I found that article extremely interesting. I have been in the auto indusrty for 50 years now and view this as the biggest change I have seen and we all thought that automatic transmissions and fuel injection was. It's got me intrigued to do a lot more research. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts