Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my MPG Rewards Card from the class action settlement and it activated ok. However, no matter where I use it it gets declined. I tried shopping online, ATM, groceries but always gets declined. I'm not trying to use more than whats on there either. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: By the way I tried calling the 1-800 number and they shut their lines down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue. Tried paying a bill online and it did not take. I emailed them with the problem, the response was to call the 800 number. I called the number and the lady said there was a $300 daily limit, so we tried $300, then $250, payment still not accepted. We may try groceries next.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I used mine online a few days ago, the items shipped and the Hyundai card balance now shows the amount that remains on the card correctly. I did try to drain it of the cash value at my ATM, but it wouldn't give me any money there. I think by design, these prepaid cards make using them difficult so that money is left unspent and will revert back to the issuer, Hyundai in this case. My card has a one year expiration date. If 10% is left on the table, that would represent a lot of money on a 210 million dollar settlement. Good luck on getting your card to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
swduncan, if you don't mind me asking - I'm assuming you made online purchases on a shopping website like Amazon? We've been trying to pay a bill on the Verizon website, which accepts credit card payments. Just wondering if there are limitations on where you can use it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Not sure, the card said it would work anywhere M/C was accepted. I bought some clock parts from a place directly at their website. The payment info asked the usual things, cc # and security code on the back. You might call Verizon and ask them why it's not being accepted. I emailed the help address for the Hyundai rebate card about, if or why I can't get cash from the ATM and both emails have been ignored. It's a common theme with Hyundai I think, they are not very responsive to complaints or problems. They courts should have directed Hyundai to mail a check to those due money IMO, instead of the prepaid Mastercard. cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyway I've decided to go for a led strip to cut for the exact length of the 24 leds, but I don't know the spacing between them, is available some diagram with this kind of info available? Just to buy a led strip with proper spacing in order to obtain every led in the correct placeholders of the old ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree, a check would be far preferable. These cards allow the company to keep so much money that they owe to others. I am also having trouble using the card. I have been trying to add it to my Amazon balance--which is what I always do with these crummy kinds of gift cards and rebate cards, etc--but it isn't working. I will try a penny less than the full balance and see if that works.

Amazon only reports "a problem with your payment method" and insists I choose a different payment method. The MPG Rewards Card keeps the same balance. On Amazon, I have tried it with the default "use as a PIN-less debit" and without that, and still no luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, the one-penny-less method worked on Amazon.

I like to add it to Amazon because we do so much shopping there, it's the next best thing to being able to add it to our checking account.

Here's one way to add it to your Amazon gift card balance on the desktop website:

1) Add it to your payment methods
  • *Go to "Account"
  • *Click on "Payment options" (under the leftmost list titled "Ordering and shopping preferences")
  • *Click "Add a card" (under the heading "Add a New Payment Method" and subheading "Credit or Debit Cards")
  • *Fill out the information requested for the card and click the "Add your card" button to finalize.
2) Apply it to your gift card balance
  • Go to "Account"
  • Click "Gift cards - View balance or redeem a card" (one of the leftmost rectangles under "Your Account")
  • Click the "Reload Your Balance" button
  • Enter exactly one penny less than the amount left on your MPG Rewards Card
  • Scroll down. On the list of payment options, BE SURE TO SELECT the MPG card!!! Otherwise you will add money to your Amazon account from some other card.
  • Scroll down, click the "Reload [x amount]" button.
  • Within 5 minutes, it should go through.
There are other ways to add it. For example, once you add the payment method, there's a link to apply the balance to your Amazon balance, so you can go that route, too.

Now, whenever you check out on Amazon, you can apply your "gift card balance" to any purchase you choose.

The one-penny-less method may work in other settings, but I can't confirm. Yes, the company will get to keep too many pennies that way, but at least we still get the bulk of the balance.

Good luck!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've been able to use mine shopping online, without the pin #, just the 16 digit CC # and security code #. PIA to activate and use for some possibly, but still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts