Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So am I the only one left on the MPG Reimbursement Program? :grin:

I had a choice of $300 lump sum or $100 + lifetime reimbursement for my 2012 Elantra. I chose lifetime reimbursement, but I have yet to see my $100. I just surpassed $300 in reimbursement, so I'm doing better than if I had chosen the lump sum - but I want my $100. :|

hyundai mpg class settlement . com

(I'm being told I can't post links yet, so you'll have to figure it out. lol)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did not know there was a lawsuit.. I'll have to google it here in a bit. Does this include the 2011's? Although I'm not the original owner so prolly not.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know there was a lawsuit.. I'll have to google it here in a bit. Does this include the 2011's? Although I'm not the original owner so prolly not.

Yes, you have to be the original owner.

I'll post the link to the affected models in a separate post. (I need my post count to be 5 or more...one more to go.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also still waiting for my $100.
I think the lawyers will be the only ones getting much $ out of this.
I need to make sure I do another odometer reading for reimbursement before I sell my 2012 in the next few months.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm still in the program. I don't recall getting to choose though. I just signed up way back when and submit my mileage once a year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am still in the program too, but in Canada. I saw everybody here in this post is from US.

I just went Wednesday at the dealer for last reading before trading it next week. In the past it was taking 4 to 6 weeks before receiving the payment. I was told not to expect it before 6 months now because not many first Elantra owners in the program left, so they cut down from a whole team to only one employee in charge with reimbursement.... one for all Hyundai Canada!!

Clearly I am getting rid of the car just in time...

·
Registered
1 Posts
So am I the only one left on the MPG Reimbursement Program? 😁

I had a choice of $300 lump sum or $100 + lifetime reimbursement for my 2012 Elantra. I chose lifetime reimbursement, but I have yet to see my $100. I just surpassed $300 in reimbursement, so I'm doing better than if I had chosen the lump sum - but I want my $100. :|

hyundai mpg class settlement . com

(I'm being told I can't post links yet, so you'll have to figure it out. lol)
I just got the $100.00 in the mail today. Kinda got worried it was a final thing, but this forum refreshed my memory.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I bought a 2012 in 2012. I chose lifetime reimbursement too, but I do not recall an extra $100. Can someone explain that? And why are you getting that only now??? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I chose the lifetime reimbursement since I keep my cars a long time. Years ago there was also a way to put in a claim online for an additional $100 in compensation if you weren't taking the lump-sum. This payment was finally approved by the court last year and I got my $100 in the form of a Visa prepaid card in the mail yesterday.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Oh oh. So you had to fill out some additional paperwork? I do not recall doing that, but I might have.......

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine came in the mail today. I haven't been to the dealer in a year so I was a bit confused until I read "additional compensation." I signed up for lifetime back in 2012 and don't recall doing anything additional but I guess I did. Go me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got the $100 “Additional Compensation” (in the form of a pre-paid credit card) about 2 weeks ago. It took them 5 years, but better late than never I guess. I also just had my odometer read again and have almost $58 more coming in 2-3 weeks.

In response to some of the replies here...

Five years ago I was given a choice of EITHER:

*$300 lump sum, OR

*Lifetime Reimbursement (I chose this option), requiring me to go to a Hyundai dealership periodically to get my odometer read. Based on my mileage, I get a pre-paid credit card for whatever amount I am due + 15% convenience charge added on. In addition, the initial offer stated I would receive “Additional Compensation” of $100, and that is what I recently received. I saved all the paperwork on this. The “Additional Compensation” of $100 was always part of the initial offer from the start, it’s just that a bunch of lawsuits delayed it all these years from being sent out. A judge finally approved everything and payments began going out the end of 2019. If you initially chose the lump sum of $300, you will not receive the $100; it is only for those who chose the Lifetime Reimbursement option. It does seem strange that I’ve always promptly received my reimbursement amounts, but I had to wait 5 years for the “Additional Compensation”. At least it’s all reconciled now.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Great news. Then I shall be expecting 100 smackaroos in the mail at some point in the future. I wonder when???

·
Registered
149 Posts
I need to go get milage read, haven't done it for a year or two. Co-worker got a $100 card last month and didn't know why, I'll let him know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am still in the program and haven't seen my additional $100 yet. I didn't know we would get that. With 217k in miles I have far surpassed the lump sum, but don't recall that I was given that option when I signed up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts