Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say, I absolutely love the mobile Ap for BlueLink. One of the options I had wanted on the Azera was auto start and this ap allows you to start your car using your phone! ap allows the user to lock/unlock doors, remote start, turn on lights/horn or send a destination to the GPS. Genius! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes it is good until you have to pay $179.00 a year for the service.

Blue Link should be ala carte. If you only want remote start and the ability to track your car if it is stolen you should be able to buy that service only. I have spoken to Blue Link about this and they said they would look into it. To date I have never heard back from them.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Is there a trial period for Blue Link on a new Azera?
Yes. They have changed it a few times, but at least 90 days for the complete package, ... usually extended if you sign up with a credit card. You can still cancel without any obligation.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I went to the MyHyundai.com site today, just to check on pricing and such, and when I entered in 1 year and selected Remote + Assurance, the price that came up is for $198.00. I haven't had any package for about a year now so I'm not sure what's going on here -- does this sound right to you guys? What happened to the $99/yr for the first 3 years deal?? Is that only if you selected a 3-yr option in your first 90 days, as an "extension"?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Unfortunately, that does seem correct. I received an additional year of the basic "assurance" package gratis due to a security breach issue that happened last year. I still paid extra to add the start package... about $90 or so IIRC.

If I need to pay close to 200.00 next year, I may not renew. The way I look at it I'll start the car perhaps 20 times remotely this year. That's $10 a pop! In a "normall" year, I probably would need to start the car remotely perhaps 10 times. (This year we have a very rough winter in the Chicago Area) I could buy a remote start system for what I'd pay for a year or two of service. Don't get me wrong, I love the service, but the rates and tiers are pretty expensive. I'll pay about $100 per year, but $200 perhaps not. If I wanted the NAV and POI downloads, it's $300 :eek:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I am seeing somewhat different pricing and options for Blue Link now that I have the new car. It appears you get the basic assurance package comp for the years, then $99/year after that. For $99/year, you can add the remote package at anytime. Anyone else seeing that pricing?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am seeing somewhat different pricing and options for Blue Link now that I have the new car. It appears you get the basic assurance package comp for the years, then $99/year after that. For $99/year, you can add the remote package at anytime. Anyone else seeing that pricing?
Mikemu -

I think it depends on your purchase date. If you have the 3 years of basic assurance coverage, then it should only cost $99 per year for the next 2 years to upgrade to the remote start without the NAV stuff.

The 4th year could go to about $199 for remote start, but that could change if they are not getting too many takers.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Mikemu -

I think it depends on your purchase date. If you have the 3 years of basic assurance coverage, then it should only cost $99 per year for the next 2 years to upgrade to the remote start without the NAV stuff.

The 4th year could go to about $199 for remote start, but that could change if they are not getting too many takers.
Yeah no need for the NAV stuff if you have the system in the dash.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yeah no need for the NAV stuff if you have the system in the dash.
I agree. The Bluelink Nav is interesting, but the "Bluelink Lady" had a difficult time understanding me. I often gave up programming the Nav via the Bluelink.

The "Lady in the Dash Nav" almost always understands me, so I stuck with her! :D

I will admit that the POI downloads were pretty cool though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts